News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Excellent news for those who use West Midlands Railways on season ticket fare increases days after The Mayors attack on WMR  along with onboard NXWM being froze at least this is of some comfort for the users of dreadfull service operated by WMR & NXWM in the West Midlands
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEJGk_V4jMB7n7r9yWpMsf9cqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2c77CjC-yfQCMJzg0wU?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen

mikestone

Quote from: mikestone on December 25, 2019, 04:43:30 PM
I'm away from my laptop but I'm 99% certain the only requirement in the invitation to tender was to provide a service from Birmingham to allow the TV  locals to run fast from Stafford  to Crewe to permit eight car working.
Before anyone points it out, there was a requirement for two through trains per day between Walsall and London, but thats about it for electric services.

Sh4318

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 27, 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Excellent news for those who use West Midlands Railways on season ticket fare increases days after The Mayors attack on WMR  along with onboard NXWM being froze at least this is of some comfort for the users of dreadfull service operated by WMR & NXWM in the West Midlands
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEJGk_V4jMB7n7r9yWpMsf9cqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2c77CjC-yfQCMJzg0wU?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen

Doesn't do anything for me, I bought my annual pass on August
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 29, 2019, 01:42:23 AM
Doesn't do anything for me, I bought my annual pass on August
As far as I am aware the principle will apply at any renewal.

mikestone

Can anyone recall if WMR/LNw ran a Sunday service on Jan 1st last year?

mikestone

Quote from: mikestone on December 27, 2019, 02:10:41 PM
Before anyone points it out, there was a requirement for two through trains per day between Walsall and London, but thats about it for electric services.
According to Modern Railways from May Chase line services will run to either Inter or New St, both Liverpools will run to/from Euston and the Stoke line trains will run to International. Presumably the third Euston will normally turn back, with a couple running to/from Walsall to meet the Spec.

richardjones210368

A West Midlands MP raised with The Prime Minister the abject worry and concerns The Mayor has with West Midlands Railway at Pmqs today. The PMs response was he shared The Mayors concerns

mikestone

Quote from: mikestone on January 01, 2020, 02:45:54 PM
According to Modern Railways from May Chase line services will run to either Inter or New St, both Liverpools will run to/from Euston and the Stoke line trains will run to International. Presumably the third Euston will normally turn back, with a couple running to/from Walsall to meet the Spec.
Timetable for May now in RTT. Obviously there are still possible changes but appears to be as above. There are services from Walsall to Euston at 06.02 and 07.02, all stations to New St where the second attaches another set, but appears to be nothing at all back. 

Steveminor

If I had a choice between avanti or west Midlands trains from Walsall to London I know what I'd choose

richardjones210368

Quote from: Steveminor on January 10, 2020, 01:37:50 PM
If I had a choice between avanti or west Midlands trains from Walsall to London I know what I'd choose
Well  who wouldnt get the X51 to Birminghan then the Megabus to London Victoria - Megabus is the only route I use to London and the best why would you want a train @Steveminor ?

mikestone

Seven months ago through trains from Walsall to Euston were the best idea since the invention of the wheel according to some.
;
Quite what the point, apart from satisfying the train service specification the remaining trains are escapes me.
;
From May the Wolverhampton-Rugeley.s introduced in December revert back to Wolverhampton-Walsall - rather pointlessly some are shown 100 mph and others 110.

richardjones210368

You have all heard of Mystic Meg well here is Septic Dicks prediction if Andy Street doesnt get a grip of West Midlands Railway ASAP his chance of relection as Mayor are zero.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/monday-morning-chaos-cross-city-17556370

RW

At the start of the WMT franchise I think it was said that WM Railways was proposing to develop a new depot for its new electric units. Rumours suggested it might be on the site of the old carriage sidings at Duddeston. Coincidentally about 12 months ago the overgrown site was cleared of vegetation along with the line of the approach tracks.  Nothing has happened since and the site now again resembles a wild life game reserve. Is anybody itk as to whether the site is to be developed. It will clearly be more than a 5 minute job and you would think there would by now be some on site work visible given the timescale for arrival of the new units.

mikestone

Press release today regarding a proposal to build the depot at Bescot instead.
I understand that unsurprisingly the sleeper works planning application was rejected.

richardjones210368

Andy Street continues to put pressure on failing West Midlands Railway as new MD agrees greater compensation 48hrs before The Mayors deadline for improvements

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-trains-passengers-given-17642409

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk