News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM H

5Z32/33 has been cancelled, so i'll watch out for it in the future if it's a test working/driver training Class 196

markcf83

Quote from: mikestone on August 24, 2020, 08:42:40 PM
I was refering to my previous post, i.e. services from 7th September.
;
Interestingly it seems that from September (TPE and TfW not yet clear) nationalized Northern is running far and away the lowest proportion of its booked service, with an actually reduction in east line services from Piccadilly.

TfW are running about 80% of their normal service.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Hector

196103 worked 5Q31 Tyseley to Crewe this morning, returning to Birmingham and then back to Crewe as 5Q32 and 5Q33 and will presumably work 5Q34 back to Tyseley.

bususer28

Does anyone know when WMR plans on introducing the class 196s into passenger service? Thanks :)

Rob H

Quote from: bususer28 on October 30, 2020, 10:25:04 PM
Does anyone know when WMR plans on introducing the class 196s into passenger service? Thanks :)

From what I've heard it'll be sometime in 2021 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

It was on the speaker at Moor Street, all trains in Stourbridge direction are cancelled due to a fatallity at Rowley Regis at about 16:30.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on November 30, 2020, 06:27:51 PM
It was on the speaker at Moor Street, all trains in Stourbridge direction are cancelled due to a fatallity at Rowley Regis at about 16:30.
My thoughts go to his family and friends.

Any updates regarding the Camp Hill Line regeneration? Has construction started?

mikestone

Extra school time trains from Snow Hill re-instated from 8th March.

mikestone

Actually they appear to be running from 1st March, unless they just haven't got round to  cancelling them.

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/darlaston-willenhall-train-stations-re-19953933

The stations at Darlaston and Willenhall have been given the go-ahead after receiving funding allocated from today's Budget announcement.

mikestone

Perry Barr is closing for twelve months from the timetable change while it is rebuilt, with rail tickets accepted on buses -
;
https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/perrybarr

mikestone

Buses vice trains at Coventry Arena are now stopping at the bus station - last week they were apparently not serving Coventry Arena at all in the evening.
;
Any idea what the problem was/is?

the trainbasher

I'm not sure why the change in stand (unless it'd its a issue with the road and traffic near the station). I know there is staffing issues causing the bustitution

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Lots of pictures on social media of the snow hill lines being completely packed. Trains undergoing repairs aren't helping

D10

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 25, 2021, 11:25:09 AM
Lots of pictures on social media of the snow hill lines being completely packed. Trains undergoing repairs aren't helping

Yeah, travelled yesterday into Birmingham in the afternoon, came back early evening. Two carriage train both ways, standing passengers on the train in, no chance of Social Distancing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk