News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 18, 2018, 07:53:32 AM
To be honest the routes could've been renumbered to 85, 86 & 88. The 127 becoming the 85 (The others A and B), the 120 becoming the 86 (121 86A) and the 126 88.
That way you have the 85, 86, 87 & 88 that go to Dudley.

Why would they do that? That is just more confusion and a bigger change!! The 12 is just one number off the 120 and makes perfect sense. The 12A does make sense as it is just slightly different to the 12.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Dom on August 18, 2018, 08:47:38 AM
Why would they do that? That is just more confusion and a bigger change!! The 12 is just one number off the 120 and makes perfect sense. The 12A does make sense as it is just slightly different to the 12.

Confusion is confusion regardless. Passengers can only handle 1 number off of the original? Making it 85-88 makes more sense. Cramping everything into low numbers does not.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Brummie45

On a different note. I picked up some timetable leaflets yesterday from New Street Station for the X7,X8 and 13,13A,13B services.

Nice to see them available already.

Also picked up booklet listing changes.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Stu

Just been looking at the timetable for the new 12 service - that's the only one I'm really interested in as I use the 120/120A to get to my parents' house when I go visit on a Sunday - and its a bit of a shame that the new 12 reverts back to a half-hourly daytime frequency on Sunday; the current 20min frequency has been very useful, but then again, I probably only use the service once or twice a month on a Sunday anyway.

But its reassuring at least that the half-hour frequency is maintained into the evening Sunday service, with alternate journeys running between Birmingham and Oldbury only. Gosh, I can remember almost clearly the horror of just missing a 120 on a Sunday and having to wait a whole hour for the next one!  :D

Now I'm living in Billesley, I'll only be using the 12/120 between Londonderry and Bearwood anyway, doing the rest of the journey on the 11A/C. So I have almost zero need to travel into Birmingham city centre, great!  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2018, 05:50:49 PM
Just been looking at the timetable for the new 12 service - that's the only one I'm really interested in as I use the 120/120A to get to my parents' house when I go visit on a Sunday - and its a bit of a shame that the new 12 reverts back to a half-hourly daytime frequency on Sunday; the current 20min frequency has been very useful, but then again, I probably only use the service once or twice a month on a Sunday anyway.

But its reassuring at least that the half-hour frequency is maintained into the evening Sunday service, with alternate journeys running between Birmingham and Oldbury only. Gosh, I can remember almost clearly the horror of just missing a 120 on a Sunday and having to wait a whole hour for the next one!  :D

Now I'm living in Billesley, I'll only be using the 12/120 between Londonderry and Bearwood anyway, doing the rest of the journey on the 11A/C. So I have almost zero need to travel into Birmingham city centre, great!  8)

Does that mean you only need to use that outer Brum only daysaver then?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on August 18, 2018, 06:12:34 PM

Does that mean you only need to use that outer Brum only daysaver then?

No, as I have a monthly direct debit NX Faresaver pass already.  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 18, 2018, 01:33:21 PM
Confusion is confusion regardless. Passengers can only handle 1 number off of the original? Making it 85-88 makes more sense. Cramping everything into low numbers does not.

What? Why would you do that?

The 8* series routes are numbered that way because they serve the Dudley Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

I notice they've changed some of the flags between Coronation Gardens and Portway Road on the 126 route now, X7 is now on the flags (With new West Midlands Bus Flags).

Some of the PN buses and WB Omnilinks have a yellow vinyl stating "Some timetable changes from 2nd Septemer 2018" by the doors.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Re: 126 & the X7/X8

Just seen the booklet in its pdf form, and have noticed that the X7 will depart Colmore Row from stand SH3, with X8 departing from SH2. Surely it'd make sense, at least it does to me, for them to switch - and have the X7 leave from SH2, and the X8 from SH3? Would these decisions have something to do with the expected loadings?

I get that, with three stops on the road, it would make sense to space them out; if it were up to me, I'd have them all depart from SH1 (or SH3, now with the loss of the 140), contrary to what I've previously expressed. At least, then, they'll all be centralised to one stop. I dunno, I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.   :-[
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

karl724223

Quote from: CL on August 25, 2018, 10:48:57 PM
Re: 126 & the X7/X8

Just seen the booklet in its pdf form, and have noticed that the X7 will depart Colmore Row from stand SH3, with X8 departing from SH2. Surely it'd make sense, at least it does to me, for them to switch - and have the X7 leave from SH2, and the X8 from SH3? Would these decisions have something to do with the expected loadings?

I get that, with three stops on the road, it would make sense to space them out; if it were up to me, I'd have them all depart from SH1 (or SH3, now with the loss of the 140), contrary to what I've previously expressed. At least, then, they'll all be centralised to one stop. I dunno, I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.   :-[
all Hagley road services going from sh2 in September

CL

Quote from: karl724223 on August 26, 2018, 01:30:55 AM
all Hagley road services going from sh2 in September
Ah, ok! Cheers.  :-X
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack6101

Will the current peak wb working of the 140 from next week be a peak working on the 126 from West Brom garage instead ??
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 28, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
Will the current peak wb working of the 140 from next week be a peak working on the 126 from West Brom garage instead ??
X8

Dom

Gotta say I am really let down with the X7,X8.

- No branding
- No Announcements
- No updated flags (Not NXs fault, I know)
- No real advertisement that it is a limited stop service

God help any drivers on the X7 tomorrow because they're going to get it in the neck as the stops it actually is stopping at have hardly been publicised.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on September 02, 2018, 11:12:53 PM
Gotta say I am really let down with the X7,X8.

- No branding
- No Announcements
-No updated flags (Not NXs fault, I know)
- No real advertisement that it is a limited stop service
Well perhaps now you may understand first hand why tfwm draw so much criticizism on this issue across the board... When brand new services like this launch it is essential the correct information is available to the public from the off, especially when NX are paying for it! Yes it is only one point of many on that list but the bus stops are the first point where passengers travelling have any service information presented in front of them, with major reviews like this ensuring it is all correct, before the changes, should be a priority. The hassle and time it took for them to correct the flags on the 5 route is beyond a joke. As you say it is the driver's who then suffer as a result.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk