News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Full Set

Started by Tony, June 26, 2012, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I have just put a photo of 2136 on the Main site, nothing too much special about that, but it does mean for the first time since I set this site up 15 months ago, it now has a photo of every bus in the NXWM fleet, not easy even for someone like me to access to places others don't!
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/2001-2129/2136.html

Ash

Excellent site Tony appreciate your hard work on getting these photos and your daily updates :)

Justin Tyme

I agree totally.  Congrats on getting there and thanks, Tony!

winston

Many thanks for all your hard work keeping us all up to date with fleet info/photos etc

Excellent idea adding the forum btw!

matt904102

Many thanks Tony for your efforts. Best source on the web for Travel fleet news

Badger

Yes, congratulations and thank you for producing this site.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

PaddyGraham

Thanks for a great site Tony,could you possibly confirm whether 7028/7029 and 7030 are all at PERRY BARR.I managed to see  2075,2117, 2136 today and also 2147.I was unfortunate and did not see 1908 or the new 2013 today,nor did I see 2122.

windy miller

Well done tony. I imagine you will want to do the same with all (Modern) Diesel/Electric rail units ect (Eventually). Good Luck with That one!
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

Hi Paddy- Welcome to the Mad house-I wasn't aware that PB had recieved any of the reserve fleet?-I thought they were all at Walsall until further notice?. Iv'e not seen any of them personally, but I would be interested to know if they have/will have New ticket machines as did the previous (Ex Dundee) group at PB ie 7021 to 7027. If so I imagine they could be used to relace the liberators STILL being used on the 28? I'm sure tony can advise us.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

7028 & 7029 are both in service at PB with new style ticket machines on the 28. 7030-7033 where all still parked at Walsall last Saturday, but it is possible thay have moved to PB this week, although I didn't see asny yesterday when I was in Perry Barr garage

Bob

is there an arriva update due? :)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on June 28, 2012, 06:17:26 AM
7028 & 7029 are both in service at PB with new style ticket machines on the 28. 7030-7033 where all still parked at Walsall last Saturday, but it is possible thay have moved to PB this week, although I didn't see asny yesterday when I was in Perry Barr garage
What's actually different about these new style ticket machines, there's a lot of talk of them but very little detail, do you hand the driver the money or is there still a coin hopper? Do the tickets print differently? Any information would be good

Martin

I'm not 100% sure but i think that the new mechines are like the mechines diamond and other operators have already.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

John

Yes, they are like Diamonds, the card scanner is on top of the machine, these buses don't have the red disc scanners. The tickets are printed and dispensed out of the machine, like diamonds again.

The one Scania that I went on a few weeks ago (7023) has a black ticket machine instead of red, I'm guessing it is not used as the tickers come out of the other machine.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Surely this is just going to slow things down, as normally you can place your money, ask for your ticket and then move out of the way to the ticket machine and wait for it to print while the next passenger is asking for their ticket and placing their money.

This is especially useful on some Tridents in particular where some ticket machines seem to take a while to print the ticket.

Why are they trialling this then? Are there any advantages? I presume when the buses came down from Dundee they had the usual set-up anyway so does seem a little strange to me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk