News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Wait so is the 27 being withdrawn. If so, I suspect YW will be gaining the 5 from AG. Either that, or BC getting the X12.

With this JLR work coming to AG, and if YW are decreasing their PVR elsewhere, I reckon the 5 will go back to YW. That'd mean the Stratford Road corridor would all be based at YW, which would be a first.

MasterPlan

Hasn't the 27 been registered? And also, it said it would terminate on Metchley Lane, so will it not go to the High St?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MW on June 23, 2018, 08:02:48 PM
Wait so is the 27 being withdrawn. If so, I suspect YW will be gaining the 5 from AG. Either that, or BC getting the X12.

With this JLR work coming to AG, and if YW are decreasing their PVR elsewhere, I reckon the 5 will go back to YW. That'd mean the Stratford Road corridor would all be based at YW, which would be a first.

No the 27 is staying. But from Northfield it will now run via the soon to be no more 29 route to Harborne Green Man where it will terminate. The Northfield to Hawkesley section will be covered by the changes to the 48.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 23, 2018, 08:04:44 PM
Hasn't the 27 been registered? And also, it said it would terminate on Metchley Lane, so will it not go to the High St?

I'm assuming it will follow the 29 route to Harborne High St and finish at the Green Man, so will terminate at the Metchley Lane stop outside the Blue Coat school, like the old 20 route did years ago, and the Hanson's 004 more recently.

Quote from: MW on June 23, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

The 27 isn't being withdrawn.
The link says the 27 would be:
Harborne  - Quinton Road - Weoley Castle - Northfield - Stirchley - Kings Heath -
Yardley Wood - Maypole.

The 48 would replace the withdrawn 84 and the Hawkesley to Northfield section of the 27.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

sonic84

I wonder whether anything will replace the 48 between Northfield and Weoley Castle?

Can't imagine they could leave it uncovered. Wasn't the plan originally for a 20 route to run from Northfield to The QE taking a similar route to the 48?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on June 23, 2018, 08:08:13 PM
I'm assuming it will follow the 29 route to Harborne High St and finish at the Green Man, so will terminate at the Metchley Lane stop outside the Blue Coat school, like the old 20 route did years ago, and the Hanson's 004 more recently.

Ah duh, I was thinking of the other end of Metchley Lane! But how will it turn around from there to go back down the High Street towards Maypole?

MasterPlan

Quote from: sonic84 on June 23, 2018, 08:10:08 PM
I wonder whether anything will replace the 48 between Northfield and Weoley Castle?

Can't imagine they could leave it uncovered. Wasn't the plan originally for a 20 route to run from Northfield to The QE taking a similar route to the 48?

Well at the moment you have both the 29 and 48 linking Weoley Castle and Northfield which as far as I'm aware is a well used link. Will be interesting if only the 27 replaces it.

Also will there be a 27s to replace the 29s?

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 23, 2018, 08:10:31 PM
Ah duh, I was thinking of the other end of Metchley Lane! But how will it turn around from there to go back down the High Street towards Maypole?

Presumably down Somerset Road, all the way round the first island, right onto Metchley Lane and left back onto High St. That's the way the old 20 turned around anyway. Another option is to go up to the first island on Metchley Lane and turn all the way round that.

sonic84

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 23, 2018, 08:10:31 PM

It could possibly from Northfield direction go in to the QE, back out and up Harborne Lane, down the high street to the Green Man then down Metchley Lane and back into QE along a loop.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on June 23, 2018, 08:08:32 PM
Harborne  - University/QE - Quinton Road - Weoley Castle - Northfield - Stirchley - Kings Heath -
Yardley Wood - Maypole.

The 48 would replace the withdrawn 84 and the Hawkesley to Northfield section of the 27.

It doesn't say the 27 will serve the QE/University - my reading of it is that it will run similarly or the same as the 29 from Northfield as far as Harborne.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on June 23, 2018, 08:08:32 PM
Harborne  - Quinton Road - Weoley Castle - Northfield - Stirchley - Kings Heath -
Yardley Wood - Maypole.

And the 48A?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BigDaddyCool

Wasn't there a suggestion that a service from Northfield towards harborne would use all of weoley castle road, turn right at the island (top of Shenley lane) and down Barnes Hill and then on to California way etc....

MasterPlan

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on June 23, 2018, 09:48:59 PM
Wasn't there a suggestion that a service from Northfield towards harborne would use all of weoley castle road, turn right at the island (top of Shenley lane) and down Barnes Hill and then on to California way etc....

Don't remember that. There was a 'Route 19' though that was to serve Black Haynes Road and Fox Hill towards the Uni.

Sh4318

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 23, 2018, 08:21:14 PM
And the 48A?

Wasn't mentioned in the image that has shared, so presumably is staying the same. I do think more could be done with the 48A. The Abbey Road corridor doesn't need 8 buses an hour to Bearwood, and there are some roads around the area that have no direct service to either West Bromwich or Bearwood following the withdrawals of the 53 then 50A & 50C
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk