News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Re: Oddities

Started by The Real 4778, March 31, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on October 02, 2017, 10:32:00 PM
I'll often see someone put their bag(s) on the small shelf at the front of the top deck though, so surely the periscope gets blocked a fair bit?

I will admit to looking down it too as a little kid, I can't be the only one to do/have done that though...
Lol, I always look down and see the drivers head. TBH I think it's gives the driver a neck pain looking up that hole.

karl724223

Not really as you adjust a mirror at the bottom

John

Quote from: CL on October 06, 2017, 07:51:05 AM
4896 is missing its entire rear Pershore Road branding. Completely naked back there except for the Cyclists sticker

Question: are they actually going to withdraw service 45? Just went past the stop outside Bullring Boots which is only showing the 47. ??? Putting two and two together, perhaps the branding is being amended?

Missing branding after accident repairs. Been missing for a while

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on October 20, 2017, 07:18:32 PM
4565 had a dodgy front display when it passed me in Bradley on the WN82, was pretty glitchy and looked like it said 882.

4565 is a YW Trident. Perhaps 4535, 4545, or 4585?

DJ

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 20, 2017, 07:51:40 PM
4565 is a YW Trident. Perhaps 4535, 4545, or 4585?

Huh, could've sworn it said 4565, but obviously it can't be that. I'm guessing it was 4585 then since I could've easily thought the 8 was a 6.

If anyone knows what bus worked the WN82 that arrived into Bilston Bus Station just before 20 to 7, towards Wolverhampton, then it would be that one.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sh4318

Quote from: DJ98 on October 20, 2017, 07:18:32 PM
4565 had a dodgy front display when it passed me in Bradley on the WN82, was pretty glitchy and looked like it said 882.

@DJ98 isn't 4565 a YW bus?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Cheese

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2017, 09:39:59 AM
Do you mean 4585, that was on the 82 yesterday

4585 just gone through Cannock Bus Station on the A5, front blind seemed perfectly fine.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2017, 09:39:59 AM
Do you mean 4585, that was on the 82 yesterday

That would have likely been it, I could only see the fleet number that was above the driver's window due to being sat on the top deck, and I guess it's easy to mistake a 6 for an 8 when it's dark.

If it helps, it would've left Bilston bus station towards Wolverhampton at just before 20 to 7, so if you know which one did that journey, that'd be it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: CL on October 31, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
I'm sure others must be like this; 4250 left Bearwood today on the 48A

The 48A's display West Brom-bound alternates between West Bromwich, and Bearwood! The 'Bearwood' display shows 'Bearwood, via Warley'

Been like that since day dot, was waiting to see when someone would notice and report it 😂

Westy

Here's one for you.

Are all buses supposed to carry the fleet number inside the vehicle, & is there supposed to be a standard font?

The examples I've seen, seem to be the outside number stickers in various fonts, depending on what's left in the depot!

Jack

Quote from: Westy on October 31, 2017, 09:08:08 PM
Here's one for you.

Are all buses supposed to carry the fleet number inside the vehicle, & is there supposed to be a standard font?

The examples I've seen, seem to be the outside number stickers in various fonts, depending on what's left in the depot!
I've seen many Omnilinks have them inside and sometimes not inside.

CL

Quote from: Dom on October 31, 2017, 05:38:28 PM
Been like that since day dot, was waiting to see when someone would notice and report it 😂
Never really noticed it until today; I've only ever seen it going towards Bearwood (on the three occasions that I have seen a 48A, lol)

Quote from: Westy on October 31, 2017, 09:08:08 PM
Here's one for you.

The interior fleetnumbers do appear to be commonplace on most/all buses now.

I know what you mean about the various fonts. The majority, of course, has the "standard" sans-serif (Arial/Helvetica-like) font; though, there does appear to be some buses around with the Cosmos fonts from the days of Travel West Midlands. One that springs to mind is the rear of 5506, which has been like that for years IIRC. Other fonts that I've noticed is the Neo-Sans one, which seems to have been dispelled - on the account of illegibility, or something thereabouts.

On another matter, possibly irrelevant now, but one that still irked me: some of the 191* Scanias that were new to YW had a different fleetnumber font on their rear. 1912 & 1916 springs to mind. Looks like Gill Sans, to me.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

Quote from: CL on October 31, 2017, 10:23:21 PM
On another matter, possibly irrelevant now, but one that still irked me: some of the 191* Scanias that were new to YW had a different fleetnumber font on their rear. 1912 & 1916 springs to mind. Looks like Gill Sans, to me.
1909-1923 were the ones with that unusual rear fleetnumber.

Sh4318

Quote from: CL on October 31, 2017, 10:23:21 PM
Never really noticed it until today; I've only ever seen it going towards Bearwood (on the three occasions that I have seen a 48A, lol)
The interior fleetnumbers do appear to be commonplace on most/all buses now.

I know what you mean about the various fonts. The majority, of course, has the "standard" sans-serif (Arial/Helvetica-like) font; though, there does appear to be some buses around with the Cosmos fonts from the days of Travel West Midlands. One that springs to mind is the rear of 5506, which has been like that for years IIRC. Other fonts that I've noticed is the Neo-Sans one, which seems to have been dispelled - on the account of illegibility, or something thereabouts.

I've never even noticed that, and I see the 48/A everyday (bus stop's just up the road)  ::)

Gill Sans really doesn't suit the fleet at all, I never really liked it on the YW Omnilinks. Neo Sans suited the fleet numbers perfectly, all that was needed was for the letter spacing to be increased slightly
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Quote from: Jack on October 31, 2017, 10:42:43 PM
1909-1923 were the ones with that unusual rear fleetnumber.
Ah, ok. So I was right! :) Both of those were the ones that stuck in my mind!

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 31, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
I've never even noticed that, and I see the 48/A everyday (bus stop's just up the road)  ::)

Gill Sans really doesn't suit the fleet at all, I never really liked it on the YW Omnilinks. Neo Sans suited the fleet numbers perfectly, all that was needed was for the letter spacing to be increased slightly
Who am I to argue with a route local? Not seen the 48A much, but it is what I saw on 4250 today, so I assume it'd be programmed on more B7 ALXs (seeing as that's the remaining type with flip dots) :P

In regards to the Neo Sans fleetnumber typeface, I liked it too. Suited the fleet very well. Shame it was only applied onto 2013 vehicles; i.e. 4880-4913 / 5410-5430 / 5510-5518,  etc... (Yes, even including Dundee) - 4880 & 4913 still retain the Neo Sans fleetnumbers, I believe; while most of the Pershore Road branded E400s have theirs changed. As I said: shame, really.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk