News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by Trident 4609, June 23, 2012, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

just a random Question but does anyone know why 4135 randomly transfered to WN garage. What was the point of 4135 going to WN and 4310 going to WA. When 4310 along with the other 4305-4309 and 4312 from BC transfered to WN why didn't 4135 transfer back to WA.

Ash

If 4135 was to be kept within the group and not scrapped it could have been sent to NX Coventry then totally out of the area completely so would have no chance in turning up in Walsall and swapped for a NX Coventry trident and just paint the stripes in the correct colour.

Quote from: Ash on June 23, 2012, 10:56:24 PM
If 4135 was to be kept within the group and not scrapped it could have been sent to NX Coventry then totally out of the area completely so would have no chance in turning up in Walsall and swapped for a NX Coventry trident and just paint the stripes in the correct colour.
You should apply for a job Ash, great idea so simple and effective  :)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

andy

We had a similar situation when I was with MRN, one of our East Lancs bodied Olympians was involved in a horrible fatal accident in Birmingham city centre and the driver went through a terrible time involving charges which he had to defend. Even though we had all 4 of the batch at the time, as soon as it was released by the authorities and repaired it was immediately reallocated to Crewe to avoid the type of situation you describe.

Ash

I remeber not so long back when diamonds 404E was operated by the mcv evolution and a man got killed by the bus as i think he fell into the path of it near stone cross, this may be a co-incidence or not but the bus was later debranded from the 404E in all over purple then a few week later sent to work on the heathrow contracts for rotala. The bus was 30611 (AE10KHA).

Heres a link to the story and the bus reg can easily be seen

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/06/15/man-is-killed-in-bus-horror

A photo from Tony's website in September shows the bus debranded from the 404E but guess it was debranded before then

http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/30611.html

PM

The same thing happened in Redditch. BU08DBY killed someone and was reregistered MTE.

nx4737

Odd, I can't find any news article regarding a serious accident involving said bus, the last accident 4135 had that I can find was where it was hit by an Arriva Dart, back in around 2007! If that's the one, IIRC no TWM staff were injured seriously and it's took them long enough to transfer 4135! 

Sounds like drivel to me.

John

Quote from: nx4737 on June 24, 2012, 07:59:35 PM
Odd, I can't find any news article regarding a serious accident involving said bus, the last accident 4135 had that I can find was where it was hit by an Arriva Dart, back in around 2007! If that's the one, IIRC no TWM staff were injured seriously and it's took them long enough to transfer 4135! 

I'm not saying that anyone is wrong, but if it had a serious accident recently, wouldn't it have been repainted into NXWM livery after repair, as I'm guessing there would have been a lot of damage.

nx4737

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 24, 2012, 08:04:48 PM

I'm not saying that anyone is wrong, but if it had a serious accident recently, wouldn't it have been repainted into NXWM livery after repair, as I'm guessing there would have been a lot of damage.

Exactly...

Perhaps I came across as a little blunt though :-)

Tony

The 'lot of damage' was to the employee, not the vehicle. Can we leave this one now please

Discodave

It was the fatal one person in station run down by volvo b6 plaxton bodied 2110 the arriva driver went through hell thankfully found not guilty as bus was found to be faulty eventually as arriva was found to be covering it up (thats why i have no faith in cannocks fitters)  I have heard the usless ones were sacked after a long time for theft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk