News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Court ruling on wheelchairs.

Started by Other Walsall Tony, January 18, 2017, 12:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingding

I agree but dont forget that the judge said that drivers can delay the bus for several minutes while he negotiates with the parties involved. It is quite obviously a very long time since he has been on a bus!!

BusFan94

Quote from: karl724223 on January 18, 2017, 08:01:19 PM
On the 333x it will be worse than any other buses  wheelchair uses getting out their wheelchairs and throwing the mothers and there pushchairs off the bus @Dom
Not so bad now only one Pushchair gets on board but there was one or two the other day on board but the mother got off next stop anyway. But yesterday a disabled person in a wheelchair got on and seems on the 15:00 333X no one uses the rear doors the mother and Pushchair stood by them. While the wheelchair took the space.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

j789

What they need to do now is make it law to move if your not disabled so that passengers know they have to do it - like smoking on buses is now illegal. Otherwise it is asking for trouble as of course it will lead to conflict and as usual the drivers will be blamed by everyone, passengers and the company. At First we already have to fill out 'refusal to carry' forms ( I guess the same for other companies to) if we can't let a wheelchair on which I think should be enough to cover the driver from any responsibility.

Again, what would happen, on a low frequency route in particular, if a wheelchair was already on and another wanted to board. Is the driver/ Company going to get sued for just following safety rules? Not to mention those people who get on in a wheelchair and then proceed to park it, get up and walk to another seat!!!

Stu

Quote from: j789 on January 19, 2017, 08:11:53 PM
Not to mention those people who get on in a wheelchair and then proceed to park it, get up and walk to another seat!!!

Same goes for the mummies who bring their buggy on board (which could probably be folded away easily), park it in the buggy zone, then take the kid out and go and sit towards the back. Then start playing with their phone while their children run around treating the bus like a playground. I have seen this, it does happen. I have also seen what appears to be an 'abandoned' wheelchair, in the buggy zone. Infuriating.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stu on January 19, 2017, 08:21:19 PM
Same goes for the mummies who bring their buggy on board (which could probably be folded away easily), park it in the buggy zone, then take the kid out and go and sit towards the back. Then start playing with their phone while their children run around treating the bus like a playground. I have seen this, it does happen. I have also seen what appears to be an 'abandoned' wheelchair, in the buggy zone. Infuriating.

I've seen this countless times myself. I remember 1 particular occasion were the lady got on with a pushchair, parked that up in the designated area and proceeded to take herself and the child upstairs and a few stops someone wanted to get on but couldn't as the space was "occupied". I'm all for giving mothers space on a bus but their are entitled people going around feeling like their own that particular space on a bus.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk