News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Timetable Changes 26/02/17

Started by Stuharris 6360, January 03, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2017, 07:51:08 PM
Accepted it is very much like NX competing against Diamond now, but think of it this way:
Currently situation means people along the route have to chose which side of the road to wait for a bus to Halesowen, but with the change there is none of that and all the buses go the same way round the loop, so less confusion for passengers.
Granted, they go a different way into Halesowen from the Hagley Road

Yes, that will be a benefit, although I believe the 244 was altered to run clockwise around the Hayley Green loop because some passengers had difficulty crossing the busy Hagley Road once the 006 was withdrawn.

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 18, 2017, 07:54:03 PM
Fair enough, but why not do everything at the same time instead of keep messing about with routes, doesn't seem to make sense.

NX like to mess with routes now and then, surely you've noticed
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 18, 2017, 07:54:03 PM
Fair enough, but why not do everything at the same time instead of keep messing about with routes, doesn't seem to make sense.

I recall seeing a hint elsewhere here that there were rumours of some Sandwell/Dudley area service changes in April, so could fit in with that.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on January 18, 2017, 08:11:24 PM
I recall seeing a hint elsewhere here that there were rumours of some Sandwell/Dudley area service changes in April, so could fit in with that.

Well I was told by Network West Midlands that there would be a Dudley bus review in Spring 2017, therefore if that takes place why not leave all these changes till then.

Continual changes confuse passengers.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

I heard the 244 was still going to the fox hunt harvester. Obviously not

ARBB

Quote from: Winston on January 18, 2017, 07:52:04 PM
You said 'the 244 might go somewhere else....' in reply to my comment about there being spare E200's which would be from end of Feb.

There is a route & timetable change registered for the 99 from 26.2.17, but TfWM service changes doesn't know anything about the 244 going any further than Halesowen.

£100! You're obviously not very confident.....

No point in doing this route training then @karl724223

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 18, 2017, 08:17:06 PM
Well I was told by Network West Midlands that there would be a Dudley bus review in Spring 2017, therefore if that takes place why not leave all these changes till then.

Continual changes confuse passengers.

A bit like the East Brum review happening in dribs and drabs, I suppose.

karl724223

Quote from: Winston on January 18, 2017, 07:52:04 PM
You said 'the 244 might go somewhere else....' in reply to my comment about there being spare E200's which would be from end of Feb.

There is a route & timetable change registered for the 99 from 26.2.17, but TfWM service changes doesn't know anything about the 244 going any further than Halesowen.

£100! You're obviously not very confident.....
make it a grand if you want I don't mind 
And very confident  winst

karl724223

Quote from: pndriver on January 18, 2017, 09:02:16 PM
No point in doing this route training then @karl724223
yep all them Dudley drivers route learning a route that's not going to happen because it doesn't say on a web site.  Silly me   

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2017, 08:42:29 PM
I heard the 244 was still going to the fox hunt harvester. Obviously not
you heard wrong then day ya

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on January 19, 2017, 07:39:51 AM
yep all them Dudley drivers route learning a route that's not going to happen because it doesn't say on a web site.  Silly me

So when is it 244 being extended then? Has another registration for the 243/244 gone in since the original was lodged on the 13th Jan?

The 99 is long enough already & the 244 already suffers delays in it's current form prior to arriving in Halesowen.

As the TfWM website tends to inform intending passengers of planned changes in advance rather than a few days before they change, it's quite useful to be kept informed  ::)

ARBB

Quote from: Winston on January 19, 2017, 10:08:54 AM
So when is it 244 being extended then? Has another registration for the 243/244 gone in since the original was lodged on the 13th Jan?

The 99 is long enough already & the 244 already suffers delays in it's current form prior to arriving in Halesowen.

As the TfWM website tends to inform intending passengers of planned changes in advance rather than a few days before they change, it's quite useful to be kept informed  ::)

Who said that the 99 was going further than the hospital ?

winston

Quote from: pndriver on January 19, 2017, 11:41:39 AM
Who said that the 99 was going further than the hospital ?

Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball to be able to confirm/deny. In the absense of anything showing other than the 244 being curtailed at Halesowen appearing on Network West Midlands / NXWM service changes pages, the rest of us are non the wiser!

There are clearly further changes that are yet to appear here:

There's also nothing other than the registrations posted in the following N&P to confirm that route changes are happening to the 98, 99 & X64:

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on January 19, 2017, 11:52:13 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball to be able to confirm/deny. In the absense of anything showing other than the 244 being curtailed at Halesowen appearing on Network West Midlands / NXWM service changes pages, the rest of us are non the wiser!

There are clearly further changes that are yet to appear here:

There's also nothing other than the registrations posted in the following N&P to confirm that route changes are happening to the 98, 99 & X64:

Can I be honest here @Winston , I find it very irritating that people obviously know information and yet are either not passing it on or are just teasing people with it. This leads to pages and pages of speculation. Surely something should only be published if it is allowed into the public domain (I know firms publish details of what they are going to do but don't want it broadcast to soon), if not keep quiet until it is!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

If, as had been alluded to, this 99/244 hybrid or whatever it will be numbered will run between QE and Dudley, I hope that the parts of the 99 that will no longer be covered are addressed, and not just through increasing the frequency of the 98 over part of the route.

The current 99 provides some handy links, not least links from Welsh House Farm to city, and from the student halls of residence at the Vale into Harborne. It would be a real shame if there wasn't some sort of City to Harborne / Quinton via QE replacement to cover this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk