News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Timetable Changes 26/02/17

Started by Stuharris 6360, January 03, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 05, 2017, 07:03:52 PM
Does the current line of route for NXWM in Hasbury / Hayley Green currently match that of Diamond's 4H.

No the 244 currently takes in different roads to get to Hayley Green compared with Diamond's 4H, not sure how that's is going to work going forward?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on January 05, 2017, 11:04:06 PM
No the 244 currently takes in different roads to get to Hayley Green compared with Diamond's 4H, not sure how that's is going to work going forward?

Could get very confusing for passengers if it doesn't follow same route as diamond

the trainbasher

Pity NXWM couldn't renumber the 4M to 4 with the current Blackheath short journeys numbered 4E and the 4H to 4A. That'd stop the confusion if NXWM sent their 4 round Hayley Green

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 06, 2017, 03:44:41 PM
Pity NXWM couldn't renumber the 4M to 4 with the current Blackheath short journeys numbered 4E and the 4H to 4A. That'd stop the confusion if NXWM sent their 4 round Hayley Green

What changing a system that works and is easy to understand! I don't get how changing it to 4A would stop confusion either, it'd just cause more confusion. Think about when the 141 went to X10!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on January 06, 2017, 04:10:23 PM
What changing a system that works and is easy to understand! I don't get how changing it to 4A would stop confusion either, it'd just cause more confusion. Think about when the 141 went to X10!

Quite easily, I agree with train basher. You simply cannot have 2 bus numbers the same but go on a different route. To the general public most don't know what company they travel on.

A red diamond b7rle comes in and people think it's a nx one? What happens then?

4A- could stand for anti-clockwise

sonic84

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2017, 04:17:24 PM
Quite easily, I agree with train basher. You simply cannot have 2 bus numbers the same but go on a different route. To the general public most don't know what company they travel on.

A red diamond b7rle comes in and people think it's a nx one? What happens then?

4A- could stand for anti-clockwise

I red diamond bus on the 4H has caught me out before as I thought it was the nx one and nearly let it go past.

The routes are already slightly different where each operator exits Halesowen with the Diamond Route going up Richmond Street, Stourbridge Road and Earls Way to get to the Dudley road but if it was the follow the 244 route it would cause a lot of confusion.

if the nx 4H will be the same in Hayley green, A possibility could be the  99 going  to Hayley Green as the 636 used to via Bassenage Road, Rosemary Road terminating at the Harvester?  This could provide a temporary solution before the X9 is introduced.

Mike K

Is this X9 definitely happening? Over the years there have been a number of Birmingham to Hasbury routes including the 902, 900, 131/2 and 19/S but they've been gradually scaled back and ultimately withdrawn. Would be interesting to know why one would work now.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on January 07, 2017, 07:20:26 PM
Is this X9 definitely happening? Over the years there have been a number of Birmingham to Hasbury routes including the 902, 900, 131/2 and 19/S but they've been gradually scaled back and ultimately withdrawn. Would be interesting to know why one would work now.

I believe an X9 could grow passenger numbers with reduced journey times due to being limited stop & using the Quinton Expressway. I would think the only option at present for a potential Hasbury - Birmingham route would be at peak times only. There hasn't been a service now for sometime & those that used it have since found alternative means of transport.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on January 07, 2017, 08:06:11 PM
I believe an X9 could grow passenger numbers with reduced journey times due to being limited stop & using the Quinton Expressway. I would think the only option at present for a potential Hasbury - Birmingham route would be at peak times only. There hasn't been a service now for sometime & those that used it have since found alternative means of transport.

Well the area now has a 142 which goes to Quinton, harborne, QE, and must say quite well used

sonic84

From experience the 919 & second incarnation of the 19 was popular in the AM peak heading from Hasbury towards Birmingham, and was certainly well used.

The PM journeys not so much as it was often quicker to get on the 9 or then 139 and wait for whatever came first in Halesowen, be it a 244, 19 or other operator.  It wasn't unusual for a 919 or 19 to be near enough empty by the time it got the Halesowen with few people getting on. I

This didn't seem to be a problem with the original 19 / 19S when they original ran, and I can remember peak services being particularly busy. The only problem with the peak service was the Manor Way bypass can be incredibly congested from the M5 island down towards Halesowen from 4.30 to 6.30 and can take up to 20 mins on that stretch of road easily.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on January 08, 2017, 07:21:31 PM
From experience the 919 & second incarnation of the 19 was popular in the AM peak heading from Hasbury towards Birmingham, and was certainly well used.

The PM journeys not so much as it was often quicker to get on the 9 or then 139 and wait for whatever came first in Halesowen, be it a 244, 19 or other operator.  It wasn't unusual for a 919 or 19 to be near enough empty by the time it got the Halesowen with few people getting on. I

This didn't seem to be a problem with the original 19 / 19S when they original ran, and I can remember peak services being particularly busy. The only problem with the peak service was the Manor Way bypass can be incredibly congested from the M5 island down towards Halesowen from 4.30 to 6.30 and can take up to 20 mins on that stretch of road easily.

I agree that Manor Way can be congested in the afternoon peaks, but that already affects the 9's anyway, the other option for any X9 or Hasbury limited stop service is to use Mucklow's Hill.

I seem to remember the 919 died when it was changed to go via Manor Lane as per the 9.

Stuharris 6360

The new 4H timetable is now on the Network West Midlands site.

Interestingly we appear to have an early morning, evening and Sunday service operating between Halesowen & Hayley Green only.

Wonder if these journeys will be operated by PN?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 18, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

Interestingly we appear to have an early morning, evening and Sunday service operating between Halesowen & Hayley Green only.

It seems that is the only one of the changes to of been published so far.

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 18, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

maybe 244 to Halesowen then 4h to Hayley green and back then 244 to Dudley 😉

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on January 18, 2017, 03:23:59 PM
maybe 244 to Halesowen then 4h to Hayley green and back then 244 to Dudley 😉

I was thinking that @karl724223 , on a Sunday the timings are different and I reckon it may inetrwork with the 241, but time will tell!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk