News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hopes and expectations on the buses in 2017

Started by Steve3229vp, December 23, 2016, 11:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2016, 04:15:54 PM
I've very rarely been on a bus where there have been people without tickets

How do you know?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 24, 2016, 04:18:38 PM
How do you know?

Well I suppose that's the problem I don't, as the drivers don't seem to care. From a passenger point of view it looks like everyone has valid tickets.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2016, 04:21:33 PM
Well I suppose that's the problem I don't, as the drivers don't seem to care. From a passenger point of view it looks like everyone has valid tickets.

You just confirmed you don't know so a valid point is made that its the revenue team's duty to know who has valid tickets.

I've just renewed my monthly bus pass and I for 1 like other bus passengers don't think its fair that I have to fork out a good amount of money for it while others think they can just get on and ride for free hence the revenue team.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2016, 04:21:33 PM

in 2016 over £700,000 has been paid in Standard Fares by people caught without a ticket / the correct ticket by the revenue team. That just shows there is a need for the revenue team.

As for Driver's 'not appearing to care' They do care, that is why every employee survey gets lots of 'expand the revenue team'

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 24, 2016, 04:33:25 PM
in 2016 over £700,000 has been paid in Standard Fares by people caught without a ticket / the correct ticket by the revenue team. That just shows there is a need for the revenue team.

As for Driver's 'not appearing to care' They do care, that is why every employee survey gets lots of 'expand the revenue team'

Yes but they should be scared of getting on bus without ticket I order to reduce fraud. Eg: higher penalty fines and more revenue team

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2016, 04:38:16 PM
Yes but they should be scared of getting on bus without ticket I order to reduce fraud. Eg: higher penalty fines and more revenue team

Hang on - you just said you didn't want to see the revenue team, which is what started this discussion.

Steve3229vp

I'm 100% with Tony on this one, The Revenue team are becoming very effective in not always been at the same stops or at the same time, most of the time they take at least one person off the bus. There are times when it may be annoying especially when we are tired and we want to get home, but they do a good and effective job.

Kevin

Because of course you've personally checked
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Do you see every ticket then? If not you must not catch many buses

S570

Streetdecks (preferably with the glass corner pillars)
Buses with driver-side displays
Citaros

Dom

Quote from: S570 on December 24, 2016, 06:53:12 PM
Streetdecks (preferably with the glass corner pillars)
Buses with driver-side displays
Citaros

Driver side displays? What use would that pose? People don't look at the anyway 9 times out of 10!

S570

Quote from: Dom on December 24, 2016, 07:13:45 PM
Driver side displays? What use would that pose? People don't look at the anyway 9 times out of 10!

Why not, they're on every other side? Useful if you're on that side.

Though I agree a lot of people ignore them anyway.

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2016, 02:11:40 PM
Smoking definitely needs addressing. Why we have revenue inspector yesterday when it's the busiest time of year I do not know. Do they understand people are rushing this time of year?

I cannot actually remember the last time I got on a bus where there was anyone smoking. In the area I live, it was at one time, almost every journey. Now, nothing!

Kevin

Quote from: Gareth on December 24, 2016, 08:58:04 PM
I cannot actually remember the last time I got on a bus where there was anyone smoking. In the area I live, it was at one time, almost every journey. Now, nothing!

Oh it still happens, and they do get very offensive when challenged by members of the public
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Kevin on December 24, 2016, 06:36:37 PM
Because of course you've personally checked

Any excuse for the 9, 142 and 244 to be "on time".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk