News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hospital Buses

Started by MasterPlan, November 28, 2016, 07:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

I don't know whether this would work but what about 24hr services that run to the hospitals? The 97 already goes to Heartlands, but how about the 82 or 87 to City Hospital, and having one for the QE too? If not full journeys then perhaps short workings to the QE from outbound destinations?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Solo1

I think the 97 night service is paid by nec& airport to get workers & passengers there.

Gareth

Do hospitals need a 24hr service? Visiting times are in the afternoon and early evening.

There's staff maybe, but I'm sure most Night staff start a shift start before last buses run.

bubble2899

I think hospitals should be a major bus interchange that have a DIRECT service to all the catchment area. People do not really want to be on local routes or changing services when they have appoitments or want to visit friends or family. 

Kevin

This thread got me thinking.
When the new City/Sandwell Hospital opens I imagine there'd be a whole host of changes to the bus routes in the area, potentially even to the 11
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk