News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Old bus stop flags and routes that served them.

Started by j789, November 15, 2016, 09:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt77

Quote from: j789 on November 18, 2016, 06:25:12 PM
Was this 654 similar to the modern day one that NXWM ran from Scott Arms? Midland red west sure had some odd routes back in the day! I wish I could drive them now rather than endless 35s round Worcester!

Yes, but a lot longer...... Great Barr, Hamstead, Perry Barr, Witton, Summer Lane, City, Edgbaston, University, Harborne. The terminus was Malins Road which is at the back of Harborne High Street. I only managed 1 journey on the route having tricked my mom in to believing it was the quickest way from Hamstead to Harborne one Saturday afternoon. 2hrs later we arrived in Harborne.....
C6Y City - Solihull - Kings Heath - Northfield - City
72 Kitwell - City via QE Hospital
302 Stourport - Bromsgrove
653 Great Barr - Harborne

j789

Quote from: Matt77 on November 18, 2016, 07:02:09 PM
Yes, but a lot longer...... Great Barr, Hamstead, Perry Barr, Witton, Summer Lane, City, Edgbaston, University, Harborne. The terminus was Malins Road which is at the back of Harborne High Street. I only managed 1 journey on the route having tricked my mom in to believing it was the quickest way from Hamstead to Harborne one Saturday afternoon. 2hrs later we arrived in Harborne.....

What a route! You can just imagine the look on a route planners face if someone suggested that route today! I accidentally caught the 440 from court oak road in Harborne one time into town thinking it was quick, soon learnt my lesson after going through Perry Barr on the way! Took ages. I really don't know how those routes made any money but I guess saying that the reason they don't exist now is because they probably didn't!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk