News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

LED Displays

Started by MasterPlan, September 27, 2016, 07:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Hey, I was just wondering who makes the decisions on what is displayed on each route's buses and what the thought processes are.
I saw an X64 yesterday that said Birmingham, via QE Hospital instead of Birmingham Limited stop and it made me wonder. And like why some have scrolling and some flash through the pdifferent places.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Dom

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 27, 2016, 07:19:08 AM
Hey, I was just wondering who makes the decisions on what is displayed on each route's buses and what the thought processes are.
I saw an X64 yesterday that said Birmingham, via QE Hospital instead of Birmingham Limited stop and it made me wonder. And like why some have scrolling and some flash through the pdifferent places.

Having updated a set of destinations for Wolverhampton and Pensnett, it's common sense more than anything. I was told if a route had more than 2 via points then you make it into a scrolling display (for example I made the 81, 5 points, and the 82, 3 points, scroll but I didn't make the 59 scroll as it only has 2 via points). There is no real procedure to it.

MasterPlan

Yeah I think the scrolling display is better to be honest with you, but some routes have it scrolling in on direction but not the other way, like the 22/23 etc.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk