News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Sunday Interworking Arrangements At Walsall(NX & Arriva) from 24/7/2016

Started by Westy, July 24, 2016, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2016, 10:21:16 PM
With inter working, there's always the problem of traffic. In my example earlier of the 10 & 11 routes. Say there was heavy traffic on the number 10, that would mean that the number 11 would get delayed despite having no traffic on that route.

Thats just the same as having more than one route on a duty. If one fucks up badly then the other almost certainly will.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Dom on July 24, 2016, 10:49:41 PM
Thats just the same as having more than one route on a duty. If one fucks up badly then the other almost certainly will.

But isn't that interworking anyway ? 2 routes on 1 board, unless you change boards (Didn't know that was possible) during your duty.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

P419 EJW

the trainbasher

At some stages there gets to be some weird and wonderful interworking.

Pensnett once interworked the 243, 264 and 265 together.

Arriva did it once so the 229 would interwork with the 545 at Bilston which would then interwork with the 82 at Wolverhampton. Once the 82 got to Dudley it would then interwork with...the 208 to Merry Hill (And then do it all again in the opposite direction. What happy days they were!)

With The arriva one, my brother and I had a meeting once somewhere along the 82 route so what we did was boarded on the 82 segment and didn't alight until we got to Cradley Heath (swapping towards 141 behind!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: Dom on July 24, 2016, 10:49:41 PM

Sorry you've just put what I've said in other words, haven't you?

If you mean, for example, at AG an early morning bus would take up service in Birmingham on the 5A to Solihull, then 37 all day till about 7-8pm, and then become a late night 31. In that scenario, when that bus goes onto another route is timed, for example, in the evening were the traffic would basically be non existent.

But yeah the con of interworking is obviously if one gets screwed, the other one probably will.

Dom

Quote from: MW on July 25, 2016, 03:28:56 AM
Sorry you've just put what I've said in other words, haven't you?

If you mean, for example, at AG an early morning bus would take up service in Birmingham on the 5A to Solihull, then 37 all day till about 7-8pm, and then become a late night 31. In that scenario, when that bus goes onto another route is timed, for example, in the evening were the traffic would basically be non existent.

But yeah the con of interworking is obviously if one gets screwed, the other one probably will.

I mean it in terms of individual drivers rather than running boards.

If yiur first part is say 1 trip on the 126 from 07:00 til 10:13, if you hit all the traffic in Birmingham and end up being down by 35-40 minutes and you have a 32 minute break when you get back before your second part you become RTA'd which then has a knock on effect if you have say the 32 or 33 afterwards as there is then  a bus missing, and say the following 4 buses all suffer the same /similar delays and 2 of the 3
4 drivers have 32/33 afterwards with only a short break then they'll end up RTA'd  so because the 126 is screwed it has a knock on effect on another route within quite a short space of time as you end up having buses missing and passengers unhappy.

Ally

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 24, 2016, 10:57:36 PM
But isn't that interworking anyway ? 2 routes on 1 board, unless you change boards (Didn't know that was possible) during your duty.

That would depend on how you interpret interworking. For example (using made up services) you could do from midday until 7pm (break in between of course) on route 1, then your last trip could be a route 2 at 8pm even though route 2 is a standalone service on all other journeys.

I don't have any prime examples of any NX or Arriva ones, but I do have plenty of Stagecoach ones...
The old Duty 7 (or might be 8 ) used to do 55s Nuneaton - Coventry for the entire day, then when you finished your last 55 at Nuneaton, you did a 48 to Coventry and back then finished for the night.
Or there's the current 28 duty, you start off with a 48 branded E200 on an X48 from Hinckley to Nuneaton, then do a 9 to Stockingford and back, then go on to the 48 again and the bus stays on the 48 then. That's the only time a 48 bus is booked to do a 9 so the route as a whole doesn't interwork, but that specific journey does.

That is more of a pre 9am and post 3pm thing though and not the main daytime service. So it would depend entirely on your definition of "interworking" whether it include every individual service throughout the entire day/week or whether it just be main interworkings like the Walsall - Willenhall 37 and 41 Sunday example mentioned previously.

I hope I've made some sense there  ??? ;D
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

j789

Quote from: Ally on July 26, 2016, 11:50:59 PM

I don't have any prime examples of any NX or Arriva ones, but I do have plenty of Stagecoach ones...
The old Duty 7 (or might be 8 ) used to do 55s Nuneaton - Coventry for the entire day, then when you finished your last 55 at Nuneaton, you did a 48 to Coventry and back then finished for the night.
Or there's the current 28 duty, you start off with a 48 branded E200 on an X48 from Hinckley to Nuneaton, then do a 9 to Stockingford and back, then go on to the 48 again and the bus stays on the 48 then. That's the only time a 48 bus is booked to do a 9 so the route as a whole doesn't interwork, but that specific journey does.

That is more of a pre 9am and post 3pm thing though and not the main daytime service. So it would depend entirely on your definition of "interworking" whether it include every individual service throughout the entire day/week or whether it just be main interworkings like the Walsall - Willenhall 37 and 41 Sunday example mentioned previously.

I hope I've made some sense there  ??? ;D

It sounds like stagecoach Warwickshire is similar to first in Worcester with inter working. A number of Worcester city routes are properly inter worked, for example the 33 and 36 where you leave city as a 33 and return from war don as a 36. The 34 and 37 is also interworked with the 33 and 36 on some duties. The x50 and 551 also interworked. Longer routes like 144 and 44 are mostly stand alone but late shifts may have a city route tagged on.
I guess with smaller places like Worcester and Nuneaton it is more practical to interworked than a larger city like Birmingham where more vehicles would be required.

j789

Apologies for the shocking grammar! Predictive text is a nightmare!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk