News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Proposed East Birmingham and North Solihull Service Changes.

Started by 2206, June 30, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

I don'the know the pvr for the 94 but I was having a laugh giving the 94 2 years younger geminis than the current ones
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: Chris on August 24, 2016, 08:44:29 PM
Ex CV geminis in Crimson for the 94!! ;)

Don't be silly Chris lol. Not new enough either  ;D

Sh4318

Quote from: Nathan on August 24, 2016, 09:05:05 PM
Don't be silly Chris lol. Not new enough either  ;D

Love it Nathan  ;D. I'm really eager to see the 966 changes. Be interesting to see the Sundar frequencies should the 960 be introduced
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Chris on August 24, 2016, 08:52:13 PM
I don'the know the pvr for the 94 but I was having a laugh giving the 94 2 years younger geminis than the current ones

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they did.

GeminiFan1991

Why do I get the feeling with the 94, it's Geminis will going into crimson thus "upgrading" it
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: Chris on August 24, 2016, 08:52:13 PM

PVR for the 94 is about 14. It was a few years ago anyway.

Crimson Geminis is an upgrade isn't it? Refurb (well retrim and clean up) inside as well as outside. All they need to do is brand the 10 Cov Geminis (presumably all of them will be coming at some point as Tony seems to try and keep buses together in blocks). I think with the Crimson treatment and front LED displays, they do look a lot newer.

I still think that if 4475-4534 are gonna be around for a good couple of years yet, they should fit them with LED displays on the front. Some of these Dot Matrix displays do look knackered. With the Plaxtons going out of service, it'd be nice if they could reuse the LED displays on them.

The LEDs are so much clearer and look far more 'in date' in my opinion.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 24, 2016, 10:56:48 PM
Why do I get the feeling with the 94, it's Geminis will going into crimson thus "upgrading" it

ha ha that would literally turn me even more into a nxwm cynic.

Squiz1971

Quote from: MW on August 25, 2016, 01:49:27 AM
PVR for the 94 is about 14. It was a few years ago anyway.

Crimson Geminis is an upgrade isn't it? Refurb (well retrim and clean up) inside as well as outside. All they need to do is brand the 10 Cov Geminis (presumably all of them will be coming at some point as Tony seems to try and keep buses together in blocks). I think with the Crimson treatment and front LED displays, they do look a lot newer.

I still think that if 4475-4534 are gonna be around for a good couple of years yet, they should fit them with LED displays on the front. Some of these Dot Matrix displays do look knackered. With the Plaxtons going out of service, it'd be nice if they could reuse the LED displays on them.

The LEDs are so much clearer and look far more 'in date' in my opinion.
4493 has the LED screen already fitted & I agree it stands out better than the Dot Matrix. The 94 has been spoilt lately getting E400's, Scania's & the CV Gems plus an Omnicity or 2 lol @MW

Stu

Some new proposals have emerged following this recent consultation, passengers have until 18th September to provide their feedback and comments.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/east-birmingham-consultation-2

Not quite sure where the route number 15 has come from, but that proposal is not far off what I myself suggested to NX, with regards to keeping a frequent service between city and Yardley Swan Island via Small Heath. I do feel though that if they're going to curtail both the 58 and 59 services at the Swan, why not merge them both into one new service, operating between Kingshurst and Solihull?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 09, 2016, 07:31:00 PM
Some new proposals have emerged following this recent consultation, passengers have until 18th September to provide their feedback and comments.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/east-birmingham-consultation-2

Not quite sure where the route number 15 has come from, but that proposal is not far off what I myself suggested to NX, with regards to keeping a frequent service between city and Yardley Swan Island via Small Heath. I do feel though that if they're going to curtail both the 58 and 59 services at the Swan, why not merge them both into one new service, operating between Kingshurst and Solihull?

The 15 number is kind of similar to the 17?

That proposal does sound interesting though. If that was to happen, it sounds like AG may be involved in that.

With a Yardley to Solihull service (might aswell extend to Acocls Green tbh), and the 73 running from Heartlands to Solihull, it doesn't seem likely that BC would retain it?

Dom

Quote from: MW on September 09, 2016, 07:37:12 PM

That proposal does sound interesting though. If that was to happen, it sounds like AG may be involved in that.

With a Yardley to Solihull service (might aswell extend to Acocls Green tbh), and the 73 running from Heartlands to Solihull, it doesn't seem likely that BC would retain it?

I'd think the 58 and 59 would go to AG due to the amount of dead mileage if it stayed at BC

monkeyjoe

15 number that will just confuse people. I thought that was going "At proposal stage" the new City Via Nechells to Sutton route. Does that mean that idea is being ditched.

I would just called it the 57 more relevant to that corridor as used to operate that way. The 15 was the City to Garretts Green on the 17 corridor. Can't see people being up for changing etc.

If they are going make a corridor between city and cov rd via small heath, should it be a least every 5 mins.

Even the city to fox and goose corridor gets more than 7/8 mins.

Buses is London are far much better by the way and I don't mind using them.

winston

Quote from: MW on September 09, 2016, 07:37:12 PM

Through tickets to the City Centre may need to be considered, otherwise passengers will have to pay more than currently, which may not be popular.

GeminiFan1991

@Stu you mentioned the merger of the 58/9 as a potential Solihull to Kingshurst route which I see to be clever and seeing as the 960 isn't far off, how would you replace those 3 routes along the Coventry Road corridor ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk