News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Proposed East Birmingham and North Solihull Service Changes.

Started by 2206, June 30, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

The earlier morning and later running 55's are of particular interest, especially if the early morning start at City Centre rather than Saltley. Potentially saving quite a bit on taxis home from work with both of those.

:D

Buses through Small Heath does get full regularly and a quite few passengers from that area go beyond the Swan Island, usually alighting at Wheatsheaf for Solihull/JLR.

If the 60 along with the 58, goes express, is there enough spare buses to re-start the 57/57A route?

winston

Quote from: :D on July 03, 2016, 02:01:00 AM
Buses through Small Heath does get full regularly and a quite few passengers from that area go beyond the Swan Island, usually alighting at Wheatsheaf for Solihull/JLR.

If the 60 along with the 58, goes express, is there enough spare buses to re-start the 57/57A route?

The 58 isn't going expresd, the proposal is for the 60 to become the 960 & go via Small Heather highway. Extra buses would be added to the 58 or 59 through Small Heather to compensate for the loss of the 60.

Kevin

I really don't understand the logic behind the Cov Road proposal. Reduce the number of buses on the 900 and claim extra capacity is needed on express services along that route, so propose a new 960... Surely there can't be that many people in that estate to warrant their own express service on top of what the 900 can provide a short walk or indeed a few stops on the 60 away? Why not just up the 900 to every 10 to the Airport?

Meanwhile at the other end of the same logical spectrum, plans to cut the 966 and 97 saying that people can change buses.

What the hell?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on July 03, 2016, 10:11:38 AM
The 58 isn't going expresd, the proposal is for the 60 to become the 960 & go via Small Heather highway. Extra buses would be added to the 58 or 59 through Small Heather to compensate for the loss of the 60.

@Winston, will Small Heather mind?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Peak time x94 via the collector rd could be a good shout. Make a park and ride facility at the fort

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 04, 2016, 07:23:58 PM
Peak time x94 via the collector rd could be a good shout. Make a park and ride facility at the fort
Maybe either the 94 or, 55 could become a 24 hour service?

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 04, 2016, 07:16:56 PM
@Winston, will Small Heather mind?
I would of though few in Small Heath use the 60 to get to Cranes Park and Sheldon and the other way around.
@Stuharris 6360
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

tonytrainsfree

the 960 is a good idea will keep the passengers happy from Cranes Park and they come on time on a bit more often.
I used the 60 often and i use to get stuck in traffic  Small Heath thatch why i now catch 900 or 957 to swan then get a 60 to not be in that traffic.

andy41

Couple of things I can't understand from those maps...

What will replace the other half of the current 15 circular?

Where will the 66 terminate on the 966 side as it doesn't make this clear?

No 966's to Erdington can't come soon enough they are a pain in the backside on my road.

monkeyjoe

They mention something about a 167 serving Penns lane
The 66 would run Kingstanding to  c wood. Via erdington current 966 route

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 07, 2016, 07:52:59 PM
They mention something about a 167 serving Penns lane
The 66 would run Kingstanding to  c wood. Via erdington current 966 route

That means the current igo 167. Looks like no NX service will use Penn's Lane

4483, 2228 and a 37 Branded E200 MMC all have the consultation document on them.

Most of AGs E200 MMC and PBs Gemini seem to have it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

A concern has been raised about the 38 route on my Facebook page - presumably as this follows the same route as the current 966 between Erdington and Chester Road, this is also likely to be replaced by the revised 66; the concern being that Castle Vale residents lose their link to the Fort and Erdington.

Would a new 66A be feasible between Kingstanding and Castle Vale?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

No where in the consultation document does it say the 38 is going though. The 66 would run as the 966 does now every 30 mins and the 38 would remain "in theory". However I don't know just assuming

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 10, 2016, 12:26:22 AM
No where in the consultation document does it say the 38 is going though. The 66 would run as the 966 does now every 30 mins and the 38 would remain "in theory". However I don't know just assuming

I know it's not mentioned in the consultation document, but someone in response to that post on my page has claimed that the 38 is being axed. I'm sure something was mentioned here previously regarding the future of the 38, but it may have possibly just been a rumour.

Anyway, I've asked the chap to contact the NX email address to pass on their comments, while there is an opportunity to do so. It wouldn't be the first time another service has been changed despite not being part of the consultation (when the 1 first got extended to Shirley)!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk