News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

WHAT ARE BUS PHOTOGRAPHY RULES?

Started by devilishlygood, February 29, 2016, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on March 05, 2016, 12:55:07 PM
LS the fine direct to the driver there use to be a over zealous supervisor at bearwood interchange he approached me asking where's your high viz I,m stood behind a bus shelter near the cafe, he wrote a ticket out and tried to give it to me I refused to accept he got arsey I didn't give a shit and deliberately walked across the road in the interchange to take up relief , he approached the cab window and dropped it in , I picked it up and threw back at him, that ticket then ended up at west brom management who had a word with me. I never paid it . It's not worth the paper it's written on.
LS I,m not making this up I know it's hard to believe.

I'd tell him to piss off. Cheeky f'kers.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Will

I've not had many incidents involving bus drivers being abusive to me although they're was one last year which did occur:

The one being a now ex-Diamond driver in Kidderminster I was attempting to photograph 20252 (Y252KNB) at Kidderminster Town Hall I was about to take the picture when the driver see' me jumps out of the cab comes marching over to me and says "if you have just taken a picture of the bus with me in it then delete it" I was totally and utterly gobsmacked never before had I ever received any issues so pretty much after it happened I emailed @Simon Dunn & asked him what his take on it was he emailed me back straight away & tbf he was pissed off to say the least that one of his drivers had been abusive/rude to a spotter - with Rotala being spotter friendly company - anyway like I said he emailed me back and asked me if I knew who the driver was unfortunately at the time I didn't although I do now he then said he would deal with it and that he did I didn't have any issues with this particular driver again not long after this incident he left the company...........I say good bloody riddance!

I have yet to come across this 301/302 Diamond driver who doesn't like spotters that I've heard people mention because if he ever says anything to me it'll be the last thing he ever does.....
Stourbridge   125

WMT3000

I've got a clear photo of a particular wednesfield based arriva driver making a gun sign at me with his hand! I was photographing a dart near wolverhampton bus station. I think it was meant to be intimidating. He didn't look too impressed when I laughed at him and used my little finger to cast aspersions about the size of a certain part of his anatomy! I always thought gangsters lived in big houses bought with the proceeds of crime. Didn't realise they drove arriva buses!

g4jzfgraham

I have just come back to spotting after many many years. I have had one or two instances in the Midlands around Walsall with drivers mouthing off or gesticulating.
I was told I could not take pictures at Dudley Bus Station although I reckon I was not on there but I did not argue.  Having been to Coventry twice, London twice, Liverpool & Manchester in the last couple of months I have had no problems at the bus stations.

Many thanks for the warning about Cannock as I had planned to go there sometime.

best wishes

Graham,   Willenhall

Liverpool Street

Quote from: WMT3000 on March 15, 2016, 10:53:10 AM
I've got a clear photo of a particular wednesfield based arriva driver making a gun sign at me with his hand! I was photographing a dart near wolverhampton bus station. I think it was meant to be intimidating. He didn't look too impressed when I laughed at him and used my little finger to cast aspersions about the size of a certain part of his anatomy! I always thought gangsters lived in big houses bought with the proceeds of crime. Didn't realise they drove arriva buses!

That one tickled me haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

devilishlygood

Further to my original post, I have received the following reply to my emailed complaint to Arriva about the Cannock bus station incident:-

"I am writing following the incident which occurred recently with a local bus service.

Your comments were passed on to the manager of the Cannock depot who has informed me that the driver has been identified.  He has been spoken to by senior management with regards to this incident and appropriate action has been taken.  He has also been re- advised with regards to the policy in reference photography of buses etc. and has been reminded of the standards of service we expect.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused.  Do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Team if you require any further assistance
".

At Cotteridge last week I had a TWM driver (first time ever for this company) shield his face with his hand as I was taking a shot, and likewise (again a first for this comapny) a Diamond driver.
At the other end of the scale, last Friday at 'Old Square' roundabout in Birmingham, I had switched my camera off and was holding it down at my side when an IGo driver stopped his Dart Pointer KU02YUK on the roundabout and gesticulated to me that HE WANTED his photo taken! He refused to move, holding up all the traffic coming from The Priory Queensway until I photographed him.
There is evidently a very wide range of feelings by drivers in regards to photography!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk