News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

WHAT ARE BUS PHOTOGRAPHY RULES?

Started by devilishlygood, February 29, 2016, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Some drivers become abusive since they do not understand what we are doing. I had a Diamond driver confront me in Sutton Coldfield the other week after I took a photograph of his bus. I was surprised to learn he had not known about Bus Spotting and assumed I was taking a photograph of him. So I quickly explained to him about Bus Spotting and showed him a few of my other photographs. He was quite friendly with me after and understood what I was doing. Some drivers just don't understand the Bus Spotting, and some don't know it exists. I mean let's say you were driving a car (not a supercar) and someone took a photograph of the car while you was driving, you probably would think they were taking a photograph of you. I'm not defending any drivers nor attacking any, I'm just trying to put it from a drivers perspective. If a driver does not want me to take a photograph of their bus, I don't. Luckily I have only three incidents since I became a Bus Enthusiast in 2012 (one with Hi-Ride, one with Arriva and one with Diamond). I mainly get positive feedback from drivers.

Liverpool Street

How about a new hobby of taking pictures of bus spotters?
Nobody has any rights, thank you Margaret
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

Did anyone get a picture of hoards who were apparently at Walsall to see a diesel under wraps passing.

T840MAK

Quote from: B10L1473 on March 01, 2016, 10:42:43 PM
If a driver is aggressive when you're taking photos there probably Thinking
Your a spy gonna report them. That could cause them to lash out.

But surely if they're going to lash out at you because they think you're a spy and you're going to report them they wouldn't do it and would make sure they're being as professional as possible, as at the end of the day if they lash out its giving the photographer a reason to report the driver...
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Reece

I had a train driver take a picture of me with his iPhone one day while I was getting a picture of a 166 at Worcester Foregate Street with no flash I just smiled at him smungley. But I don't think he should of had his phone out when he was in charge of a train even if it wasn't moving.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Reece on March 02, 2016, 09:30:56 AM
I had a train driver take a picture of me with his iPhone one day while I was getting a picture of a 166 at Worcester Foregate Street with no flash I just smiled at him smungley. But I don't think he should of had his phone out when he was in charge of a train even if it wasn't moving.

Why don't you report him and get him the sack? Maybe he'll lose his house and family too :)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Quote from: pndriver on February 29, 2016, 10:48:02 PM
Simple internet search http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/04/14/photographers-rights-the-ultimate-guide/

Personally I don't have a problem with it.... Tbh im probably photographed more than some other drivers are. I can see where other drivers are coming from though, it is a stressful job and people aren't always in the mood to have their photo taken.

P.S. Can the idiot that uses a bright flash on their camera at halesowen bus station at night please use some common sense. This is dangerous which should speak for itself.
theres this kid at west brom bus station using a very bright flash on his camera ,and I thinks it's same moron on lower bull street taking pictures of boxes on wheels, if any one who knows this muppet have a word , it's so not good it's highly distracting.

Bryan

Quote from: 2900 on March 02, 2016, 11:46:10 AM
theres this kid at west brom bus station using a very bright flash on his camera ,and I thinks it's same moron on lower bull street taking pictures of boxes on wheels, if any one who knows this muppet have a word , it's so not good it's highly distracting.

A big no no at at any time of day or night is using a flash for any public transport vehicle, which can blind the driver for a few seconds.

In the daytime it is not necessary and at night the bus/train is nearly always is too far away and large for the flash to be effective.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: 2900 on March 02, 2016, 11:46:10 AM

I've actually made a thread about this a while ago and confronted the person mentioned about it in West Brom at the end of 2015. He doesn't care. I do agree that it is highly distracting and also very dangerous. That's why I never use flash.

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 02, 2016, 04:07:40 PM
I've actually made a thread about this a while ago and confronted the person mentioned about it in West Brom at the end of 2015. He doesn't care. I do agree that it is highly distracting and also very dangerous. That's why I never use flash.
yes I remember the thread now, surely if this muppet using a very distracting flash on centro property they are responsible for what goes on, they quick enough to hand out £ 5 fines to drivers for not parking the bus properly or for not wearing your high viz. honestly it's bullshit every where

B.C Driver

I've had people take photos of my buses before, I've even paused at the stop a bit longer to help them!
I've hoped my hair looks ok and that they've took my best side and wandered if I'd ever see them on here, or in Buses Magazine, or in FHM, GQ or Hello! No such luck though. I'm still waiting to be 'discovered' :)
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on March 03, 2016, 10:07:17 AM
yes I remember the thread now, surely if this muppet using a very distracting flash on centro property they are responsible for what goes on, they quick enough to hand out £ 5 fines to drivers for not parking the bus properly or for not wearing your high viz. honestly it's bullshit every where

Seriously? £5 fines?
until it cought fire

Mercedes1665

It all depends on the bus station supervisor. The fines are more than £5 depends what the driver has done. Anyone who uses a flash on the bus station should be banned but it never seems to happen.
Will miss 1515-1743, Volvo B6LE, Dennis darts, spectras and the Volvo B10s

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mercedes1665 on March 05, 2016, 12:00:33 AM
It all depends on the bus station supervisor. The fines are more than £5 depends what the driver has done. Anyone who uses a flash on the bus station should be banned but it never seems to happen.

Direct to the driver? Or the company?
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 05, 2016, 12:20:39 AM
Direct to the driver? Or the company?
LS the fine direct to the driver there use to be a over zealous supervisor at bearwood interchange he approached me asking where's your high viz I,m stood behind a bus shelter near the cafe, he wrote a ticket out and tried to give it to me I refused to accept he got arsey I didn't give a shit and deliberately walked across the road in the interchange to take up relief , he approached the cab window and dropped it in , I picked it up and threw back at him, that ticket then ended up at west brom management who had a word with me. I never paid it . It's not worth the paper it's written on.
LS I,m not making this up I know it's hard to believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk