News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WN on February 20, 2016, 05:37:56 PM
Braking issue I've heard.

Things are hardly going well for PEs new incumbent!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Just a basic teething issue - typical of any new fleet member.

Tony

Half term must have finished! nobody asking where 3301 is for two days.

It is out on the 9 today and if it survives the day will be out until nearly midnight

Tony you,ve probably just jinxed yourself there come3:30pm there will barrage of messages where is 3301

ARBB

Might be on a different board now relief driver hadn't been trained on it. It left stourbridge around 14:30ish

Tony

Quote from: pndriver on February 23, 2016, 02:58:18 PM
Might be on a different board now relief driver hadn't been trained on it. It left stourbridge around 14:30ish

It is
15:41 & 18:19 from Birmingham and back to depot now

Eric Shaw

I travelled on 3301 this afternoon from Colmore Row to Halesowen and was quite impressed. The finish is of the usual high standard produced by Wright and the engine seemed quieter and smoother running than the rival 4 cylinder ones.
The engine seemed powerful enough for the hill climbs but a bit slow pulling away from stops until it had built up revs in first gear. This seems to me to be the case with all of the smaller engines. The door interlock seemed to take a long time to release, a problem which also affects the Scanias.

Stevo

I made the same journey. The gearbox changes up very early, doubtless to save fuel. But from a standing start it got into top gear climbing Drews Holloway. Now that's just showing off! The only downside was rattling and squeaking panels - downstairs at the back the bodywork had a surprising amount of movement on bumpy roads. Still, most impressed - more please!

ARBB

Quote from: Stevo on February 23, 2016, 10:10:27 PM
I made the same journey. The gearbox changes up very early, doubtless to save fuel. But from a standing start it got into top gear climbing Drews Holloway. Now that's just showing off! The only downside was rattling and squeaking panels - downstairs at the back the bodywork had a surprising amount of movement on bumpy roads. Still, most impressed - more please!

Driven like a manual it drives perfectly, same as the B7's.

Mike K

Quote from: pndriver on February 23, 2016, 10:35:13 PM
Driven like a manual it drives perfectly, same as the B7's.

I've been intrigued by your signatures, pndriver, so I put the latest version into Google translate:
"It's just a red bus"

I thought the previous one was an example of the garbage that 4428 displays in the second line of its destination display.

Tiptonian

Posts about 3301 have gone quiet lately. Is it in full regular service now? I am hoping to visit the West Midlands shortly, and would like a trip on it.

settlerman

Just had a ride on it from Five Ways (1015) to Stourbridge. Very impressed.

Quote from: Tiptonian on February 29, 2016, 11:48:48 AM
Posts about 3301 have gone quiet lately. Is it in full regular service now? I am hoping to visit the West Midlands shortly, and would like a trip on it.
Yes, its usually on the 9.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Metroman

Fantastic bus. Would be nice of NX starts replacing the old DDs with these ones.

Tiptonian

Thank you for the replies. I look forward to being down there very soon.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk