News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident4590 on November 13, 2015, 01:38:08 PM
They look exactly the same except B7's have a vent at the back

And fair few more cosmetic differences both internally and externally

monkeyjoe

Not that your average joe bloggs would notice.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Nathan on November 13, 2015, 01:44:41 PM
And fair few more cosmetic differences both internally and externally
The rear axle hubs are different between the 2 buses also

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Squiz1971 on November 13, 2015, 03:24:35 PM
The rear axle hubs are different between the 2 buses also

Lets not also forget the seating arrangements, the typical B7TL block steering wheel, the large flank radiator grill, the thin black border by the display (Tridents have a thicker border) I'm sure their a more these are what I can gather for now
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: Nathan on November 13, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
The 129 is at West Brom. So has never had Tridents. It would have had ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TL's.
And the Gemini @Nathan
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

P419 EJW

Quote from: 2206 on November 13, 2015, 05:28:24 PM
And the Gemini @Nathan

He never said that there weren't Geminis on there. What Nathan meant was that he would have mistaken the ALX400 bodied B7TLs for Tridents.

Stu

Quote from: Trident4590 on November 13, 2015, 02:23:03 AM
So now that 129 is moving to pensnett what buses do you think will operate the route?

Logic dictates it will be the buses currently used on the 53, was anyone expecting anything different?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on November 13, 2015, 06:24:46 PM
Logic dictates it will be the buses currently used on the 53, was anyone expecting anything different?  ;)

Think Tony mentioned that one bus will be transferred from WB to PN if I remember rightly, presume it may be an E200.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

r700a

Network West Midlands finally have all the timetables for the 46, 48, 50A/C, 127/8/9, and a handful of others!

After performing various searches on the timetable search i.e. searching different stops and road names, I can confirm that the following roads will be left with no bus service after the 53 is "replaced" by the 50A/C:

Alexander Road
Barclay Road
Upper St Mary's Road
Bristnall Hall Road (Lower half; following on to Londonderry Road)

Londonderry Lane will also be down by 1 bus service because the 50A/C is not routed to cover this section of the withdrawn 46 route; as is (Lower) St Mary's Road with the 50A/C also not routed to serve this road.

Complaints ahoy methinks!

Sh4318

Quote from: r700a on November 14, 2015, 01:04:18 AM
Network West Midlands finally have all the timetables for the 46, 48, 50A/C, 127/8/9, and a handful of others!

After performing various searches on the timetable search i.e. searching different stops and road names, I can confirm that the following roads will be left with no bus service after the 53 is "replaced" by the 50A/C:

Alexander Road
Barclay Road
Upper St Mary's Road
Bristnall Hall Road (Lower half; following on to Londonderry Road)

Londonderry Lane will also be down by 1 bus service because the 50A/C is not routed to cover this section of the withdrawn 46 route; as is (Lower) St Mary's Road with the 50A/C also not routed to serve this road.

Complaints ahoy methinks!

I'm so glad that someone agrees with me. This "replacement" doesn't cover half the roads the 46/53 served. From Londonderry, there's no direct service to Merry Hill, Causeway Green, Warley Woods or the Abbey schools, but that's too bad, Warley George have all these services
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

It's the little sign behind the cab "Talk to us", don't necessarily expect a reply.

From listening to colleagues and from observing the 46 around londerry sides, it's waste of time and resources are the comments I heard so few passengers use it . I personally can't recall ever seeing more than a handful on at any one time others may know different.
No doubt centro and wmsnt I go will fill in the gaps as they do, being a charity they don't have to worry about there profit margins.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on November 14, 2015, 11:00:24 AM
From listening to colleagues and from observing the 46 around londerry sides, it's waste of time and resources are the comments I heard so few passengers use it . I personally can't recall ever seeing more than a handful on at any one time others may know different.
No doubt centro and wmsnt I go will fill in the gaps as they do, being a charity they don't have to worry about there profit margins.

That's why I keep saying they should have never withdrawn the 444! There was no good reason for its withdrawal, and at the time, certain sections of the route weren't adequately replaced
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

r700a

Quote from: 2900 on November 14, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

As it stands, Centro appear to have made no changes to the 20 or 122 (subsidised iGo services around Warley).

If they're going to omit Alexander Road, Barclay Rd, and Upper St Mary's Rd from the 50A/C, then maybe they should re-route the 20 along these roads, rather than doubling up these services along Thimblemill Rd...

Although, even this wouldn't be a completely adequate alternative; taking into account the poor frequency of this service!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk