News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Farewell Day for B6; B10L; Spectra & mercedes

Started by Tony, September 18, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2015, 10:13:48 PM
Not seen one negative comment yet even though 1/4 of the vehicles involved had to take early baths! so looks like we made a lot of people happy
Everyone appreciated you and the other organiser's work and the people who enjoyed this most likely cannot express their gratitude enough.

CL

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 03, 2015, 10:20:51 PM
Everyone appreciated you and the other organiser's work and the people who enjoyed this most likely cannot express their gratitude enough.
Well said! I agree. It was a marvellous day - such a shame to see these go!  :'(
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Thanks to @Tony, NXWM and everyone involved for today, managed to get a spectra ride, it was nice to see a nice variety on the 301 running along side the farewell buses, alx400 and b7rles. Don't think i ever seen a route with 5 different types running it.

Heres to the PN open day and hope to see some of the forums members and this time i will say hello!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Mercedes1665

A great fare well day for these amazing buses will miss them a lot from now on its just boring uncharacteristic buses. It's a shame there were some people who spoiled the journey on 1641 on the x51 after 5
Hope to see more forum members on the pn open day I will wear a sticker to let everyone know I'm one the forum
Will miss 1515-1743, Volvo B6LE, Dennis darts, spectras and the Volvo B10s

Stuharris 6360

Not seen one negative comment yet even though 1/4 of the vehicles involved had to take early baths! so looks like we made a lot of people happy

No negative comments because it was a brilliant day @Tony and seeing the expression on your face when we were stuck half way over the traffic lights at Bloxwich struggling to move was priceless. But seriously, given the age of the vehicles a couple of problems can only be expected.

Thank you everyone for a fantastic day!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on October 03, 2015, 11:23:33 PM
1613's very last journey in service!

Sadly you can't see me, was in the front seat watching Tony struggle to keep the bus going. He even tried starting it with a key to see if it made any difference. After all the effort to get it into service, changing the blinds etc, was a sad end to it's long NXWM career.

Don't know if anybody else has noticed, but when you quote the last message, you get a topic number in the topline, this topic is 4013, how appropriate!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 03, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Sadly you can't see me, was in the front seat watching Tony struggle to keep the bus going. He even tried starting it with a key to see if it made any difference. After all the effort to get it into service, changing the blinds etc, was a sad end to it's long NXWM career.

Don't know if anybody else has noticed, but when you quote the last message, you get a topic number in the topline, this topic is 4013, how appropriate!

By the way, was 1613 using a B6 blind, as I thought Mercs were 2 separate blinds, unless there was an old set of Walsall 2 line blinds knocking about?(Presidents, when we used to have those at Walsall!)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on October 03, 2015, 11:54:24 PM
By the way, was 1613 using a B6 blind, as I thought Mercs were 2 separate blinds, unless there was an old set of Walsall 2 line blinds knocking about?(Presidents, when we used to have those at Walsall!)

Interesting question, when it arrived at Mossley it displayed "Bloxwich" on top and "Then to Mossley" on the bottom.

Trident 4609

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 03, 2015, 08:46:36 PM
I guess they will be for the 2004 tridents as we've got around 440 in service I believe.

We only had 360 Tridents overall (358 now)

Anyway, Thank you to Tony and the fellow members on here for the great day :)

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 03, 2015, 11:59:10 PM
Interesting question, when it arrived at Mossley it displayed "Bloxwich" on top and "Then to Mossley" on the bottom.

That wouldve been a B6/B10 blind then, as there was a brief period they tried that format.

If that is the case then, then surely Tony wouldve had to use 2 handles to change the blind, as opposed to one(From memory?) so the blind didnt rip?

Stuharris 6360

Ash

Just a quick pic of 1613 joining the high street for it to fail dropping out of gear, luckily got it to the bus stop within about 30 seconds.

MrBevan2000

Why would there be negative comments? It was a fantastic day! The drive around WA on 1641 was a bonus too!

Kevin

Another one here who had a great day yesterday. Been to Mossley far too many times for my own liking but was worth it.

And so happy the Merc 1613 came out to play on the X51, sounded fantastic. Brought back memories for me cause I swear they used a merc (presumably a demonstrator) on the 951 a few times when I used it going to school (late 90's), so I had to get off at Six ways in Walsall just to get the nostalgic shot at that bus stop. And of course I had to get off the other Merc at my home stop (Tower Hill) just for the novelty value.

Will be strange not seeing the Mercs, B6s and B10s anymore, I know at least 2 Spectras will still be about but not sure if any examples of the other types are being bought for preservation?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk