News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

helen software

Started by richard5608, September 12, 2015, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard5608

can anybody tell me the dimensions used on helen display used by NEWM coventry etc i belive they are uniform in length. front side rear etc.

CL

Quote from: richard5608 on September 12, 2015, 07:19:02 PM
can anybody tell me the dimensions used on helen display used by NEWM coventry etc i belive they are uniform in length. front side rear etc.
LED displays:
144x19
96x8
32x17

Flip Dot:
112x16
84x8 [with bottom indent set to 1, alternatively you can use 84x7, but NX doesn't ;)]
32x16
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

richard5608

Thank you.
and the rear of the new platinums?

CL

Quote from: richard5608 on September 12, 2015, 09:14:42 PM
Thank you.
and the rear of the new platinums?
Not quite certain on that one... To be honest, I have a theory that they're custom built for NX?
[On a external LED template (in HELEN), but IRL with white/silver LEDs, instead of the Yellow-y gold?] - Closest I think to this size is 128x17...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

LiamthebusGuy

Can anyone tell me where to get software for free?

richard5608

How do i get helen to display the 3 number in this photo

Ally

Quote from: richard5608 on September 16, 2015, 10:57:09 PM
How do i get helen to display the 3 number in this photo

It's a part of the Super-X function, but certain numbers/characters differ depending on the software version of HELEN that you are using, so you may not have that version of the "3" on there. Another way of obtaining it is drawing it on yourself and fixing it to the Super-X function.

A prime example of the software differences is shown in the following two links on a pair of Stagecoach MAN Enviro 200s, the most noticeable difference being in the "6"...
39680: https://flic.kr/p/xG8jGo
39685: https://flic.kr/p/f2c3yw
The version used for 39685 is a more recent one.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

richard5608

Thanks i have version 3.0 +3 quite a recent version. But not the newest version I'm sure. i do wish Hanover would provide the software for private owners of their products 

puddin68

email sent to richard5608 - with a favour to ask.

Pat

Does anyone know how to have the sign layed out like this and if so how do you do it?

DJ

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on September 24, 2019, 09:49:39 AM
Does anyone know how to have the sign layed out like this and if so how do you do it?

I've always just made the display in Photoshop and then imported it to Helen to get that style.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Does anyone know the font that NX use for their blinds?  Is it available on Helen or is it a custom designed font?

DJ

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 26, 2020, 01:14:32 PM
Does anyone know the font that NX use for their blinds?  Is it available on Helen or is it a custom designed font?

It's a custom font, I've got it, but I'm sad enough to have gone through all my photos and remade each letter dot for dot  ;D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 27, 2020, 08:01:55 AM
It's a custom font, I've got it, but I'm sad enough to have gone through all my photos and remade each letter dot for dot  ;D
Yes, I had to do that in the end.  Only took 4 hours!

4369Beast

Does anyone know what size display the flip dot is on a Mercedes Citaro G EX TWM?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk