News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Advertising

Started by Dutsey, September 07, 2015, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

After doing a bit of bashing round London I noticed a number of buses with external adverts or wraps or whatever they are called these days. In the good old days there used to be a number of buses in the West Midlands with adverts but this appears to have dropped. I am pretty sure that back in the day Leamore Windows used to have a full bus advert on a metrobus.

Why is this not done more often?

Steveminor

Dutsey

Quote from: Steveminor on September 10, 2015, 02:47:13 PM
One word. Cost.

But surely this is covered by the cost? How come London has so many compared to Birmingham?

Steveminor

The cost of having a full vehicle wrap is quite expensive compared to side or rear ads so you have to ensure value for money. In London I would expect companies feel that the viability to a large international audience makes the full wrap better value for money than in a place like birmingham. In a very loose link if you get my meaning it is much cheaper to advertise on say watch than it is to advertise on itv as itv will have a greater viewing figure than watch, some companies would prefer to show their ads on itv even at the higher cost as it proves better value for money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk