News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Training Bus Sightings

Started by Tara4352, September 06, 2015, 09:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2019, 05:35:16 PM
327 now out and about, likely to be in Coventry a lot in the next two weeks

Is there a reason why this bus wasn't used in service rather than being a training bus? Also, how come no further Solos were ever purchased by NXWM after the S and T reg ones (+ plus the 51 plate Ex London examples). Having driven them with First for many years, they always seem like good buses which according to the engineers are good on fuel. We have some at Worcester that are 16 years old and still going strong.

darthdc

Any tips for photographing them? I find them to be the trickiest buses to photograph because they rarely stop still (traffic lights being one of the rare occasions) and they always turn up when you don't expect them.

Busboy105

Quote from: darthdc on October 18, 2019, 09:17:53 PM
Any tips for photographing them? I find them to be the trickiest buses to photograph because they rarely stop still (traffic lights being one of the rare occasions) and they always turn up when you don't expect them.
Look for potential patterns. For example, Digbeth is a great place to spot training buses. I see one on that road at least 3 times a week.
The city centre is another place you could go. A lot of bus services stop there so new drivers will probably be taught about the rules there.

Busboy105

4123 spotted at Bordesley Station.

Tony

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2019, 04:13:46 PM
No President training buses
It was 4131, sorry about that. For some reason I always get the fleetnumbers mixed up.

darthdc

Saw 1452 today in Acocks Green/Tyseley - turning off Warwick Road into Fox Hollies Road.

karl724223

A518 wax at pensnett (Wednesday )

darthdc

Michael Bevan

Saw 4258 around the Walsall area earlier this afternoon on training duties.

filbus1

Tony

Work has now started on reinstating 1744 into use

Jack

4129 at the Scott Arms towards Walsall approx 10:00.

DJ

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 19, 2019, 12:07:41 AM
Look for potential patterns. For example, Digbeth is a great place to spot training buses. I see one on that road at least 3 times a week.
The city centre is another place you could go. A lot of bus services stop there so new drivers will probably be taught about the rules there.

A lot of them operate out of WA too, so you can get a few outside there.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Wibble

Saw 1408 in Coventry earlier by police station

Cheers ... Richard
Local Routes:
65 Tamworth - Polesworth - Atherstone - Nuneaton
785/786 Tamworth - Polesworth - Austrey - Tamworth circular

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk