News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 20th September

Started by Steve3229vp, August 07, 2015, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 25, 2015, 07:37:18 PM
For X64 yes reouted to serve QE Hospital, plus there was talk of the 99 been extended to Gornal Wood and curtailed to the QE.
But the 99 extension was just a rumor @Stuharris 6360 plus what would replace it between the Q.E and City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

sonic84

Glad to see the 99 isn't being taken out of the city centre. It provides a handy link to the city for various parts of Quinton and usually seems busy whenever I spot it between the city and the hospital?

Quote from: sonic84 on August 26, 2015, 01:23:07 PM
Glad to see the 99 isn't being taken out of the city centre. It provides a handy link to the city for various parts of Quinton and usually seems busy whenever I spot it between the city and the hospital?
Yeah Q.E to City Centre is a very busy part of the route proably the buisiest so, I don't see it beeing curtailed to the Q.E probably the  most used section aswell can not see that happening without a replacement or, at all in my opinion.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: sonic84 on August 26, 2015, 01:23:07 PM

I agree, the 99 provides a service to Birmingham to some areas of Quinton who wouldn't usually have one (or would have to take a long walk for the 10/24)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

sonic84

With the X64 using Gibbons Road from the 20th September I worry that this will make the X64 unreliable during peak times. There is often a lot of traffic on Gibbons Road heading towards the hospital as traffic wait for gaps in vehicles to turn left onto Harborne Lane. Hopefully this has been built into the timetable.

winston

PD0001111/6 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham and Perry Common given service number 7 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/8 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham and Perry Barr given service number 46/46A effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/47 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Druids Heath and Birmingham, Moor Street given service number 50/50A effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route.

PD0001111/100 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham,Corporation Street and West Bromwich,Bus Station given service number 80 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/106 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Rubery and Birmingham City Centre given service number 98 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/617 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Birmingham, City Centre given service number 5 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/642 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Shirley, Green Business Park given service number 3 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/681 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre and Solihull given service number 31 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/739 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall to Rugeley Amazon. and Walsall to Rugeley Amazon. given service number A51 effective from 08-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/742 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Curzon Street
    Finish Point: Aston Park
    Via:
    Service Number: WC1
    Service Type: Limited Stop
    Effective Date: 26-SEP-2015
    Other Details: Shuttle bus service for RWC matches at Villa Park

PD0001111/743 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Starting Point: Alexander Stadium
    Finish Point: Villa Park
    Via:
    Service Number: RWC2
    Other Details: Shuttle service for RWC Games at Villa Park

PD0001111/744 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Starting Point: International Station
    Finish Point: Villa Park
    Via:
    Service Number: WC3
    Other Details: Shuttle bus service for RWC Games at Villa Park

PD0001111/745 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Starting Point: Villa Park
    Finish Point: Fort Dunlop
    Via:
    Service Number: WC4
    Other Details: Shuttle service for RWC Games at Villa Park

domino.99

Can any one inform of the new route for the 126?

QuoteChanges in City Centre due to closure of Hinckley Street

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

Why are they always changing the timetable for the 3?

Westy

I see they've put the changes up for the Black Country ones as well.

Notable that there's minor timetable changes for the 54 & 154.

Thought they weren't allowed to change for a year, due to the contract with i54?

domino.99

Quote from: Westy on September 13, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
I see they've put the changes up for the Black Country ones as well.

Notable that there's minor timetable changes for the 54 & 154.

Thought they weren't allowed to change for a year, due to the contract with i54?

I think that's route there not allowed to change

mranon

what about if the i54 request a slight change to suit requirements? i would have thought both sides could agree tweaks to iron out any issues or try to improve on the service.

P419 EJW

Changes to 54 and 154 from 20th September 2015.

The timetable on both services will be revised. From Wolverhampton towards i54, Stafford and Hednesford, most journeys will now depart 5 minutes later. From the i54 site towards Wolverhampton, most journeys will now depart 7 minutes later.

Between Cannock and Hednesford, the route of the 154 will change. Buses will now operate along Huntington Terrace Road and Belt Road instead of Cannock Road. Most evening journeys will now extend to Hednesford, meaning that the last departure from Hednesford to Cannock will be 23:00.

CL

Quote from: clayderman on August 12, 2015, 09:34:18 PM
So... Does this mean the 16 will be serving Smallbrook Queensway? At the moment, i'm thinking:
- Moor Street, then right onto St. Martins Queensway, carrying onto Smallbrook Queensway. Then like the 45/47, turns right onto Hill Street & up to Station Street & normal from Markets.

Essentially missing out on, what I would call, the 'Digbeth & Markets' loop

EDIT: Of course, and I've only just realised this also - New Street Station will be/is complete, and opens on the 20th September, (with Grand Central Shopping Centre, opening 4 days later.) - supposedly.

Quote from: John on August 13, 2015, 09:00:17 AM
The way I think the 16 will go is on Pershore St, instead of turning right onto Upper Dean St, carry on round to the left, over Small brook Queensway, up Hill St, right onto Station St (where there used to be bus stops before Corporation St closed) under the bridge and left into Upper Dean St.

Caught the 16 from Station Street tonight, after visiting Grand Central on its opening day. I must say, I prefer these stops more than the others in the City! Great design, and brilliant ergonomics. Also, I was right, about the 16 going down Smallbrook Queensway, @John - though, you were close. ;) A little strange to see them serving that part of the City.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on September 24, 2015, 09:40:02 PM

Caught the 16 from Station Street tonight, after visiting Grand Central on its opening day. I must say, I prefer these stops more than the others in the City! Great design, and brilliant ergonomics. Also, I was right, about the 16 going down Smallbrook Queensway, @John - though, you were close. ;) A little strange to see them serving that part of the City.

Its a good job you mentioned that @clayderman as I have swapped my duty on Tuesday for one on the 16 (because I needed an earlier finish). I've looked at the map on the NWM site, and it looks a better route and I would think less congested apart from turning from Smallbrook Queensway into Hill Street. I'll take a ride round the City loop on Monday to see where the stops are

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk