News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 20th September

Started by Steve3229vp, August 07, 2015, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 12, 2015, 02:26:52 PM
A really weird rumour was that the AG1 would be going to the QE soon. Floating about in garage.

Edit: just to add, I do realise it's not practical in the slightest and will most likely be bulls***

I think you need to start spreading your own rumours lol  :D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

@MW easy, just extend it to QE via Harborne  high street from Five Ways...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

sonic84

Quote from: Mike K on August 12, 2015, 06:25:34 PM
Or 4 buses an hour between QE, Weoley Castle and Bartley Green I would suspect?

It seems odd that the Selly Oak link to Weoley Castle and Bartley Green will be lost.

Kevin

Quote from: sonic84 on August 12, 2015, 07:25:06 PM
It seems odd that the Selly Oak link to Weoley Castle and Bartley Green will be lost.

Very odd.
Was my original thought when the original 69 was changed back in the day and the replacement round the Castle didn't actually serve Selly Oak.
Now this?
Re-route yet another route to cover it?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 07, 2015, 01:59:23 PM
16 - Route change in City Centre to cover Hill Street and Station Street
So... Does this mean the 16 will be serving Smallbrook Queensway? At the moment, i'm thinking:
- Moor Street, then right onto St. Martins Queensway, carrying onto Smallbrook Queensway. Then like the 45/47, turns right onto Hill Street & up to Station Street & normal from Markets.

Essentially missing out on, what I would call, the 'Digbeth & Markets' loop

EDIT: Of course, and I've only just realised this also - New Street Station will be/is complete, and opens on the 20th September, (with Grand Central Shopping Centre, opening 4 days later.) - supposedly.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on August 12, 2015, 09:34:18 PM

EDIT: Of course, and I've only just realised this also - New Street Station will be/is complete, and opens on the 20th September, (with Grand Central Shopping Centre, opening 4 days later.) - supposedly.
I think that's the most likely reason for the change of route in the City Centre
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on August 12, 2015, 09:34:18 PM
So... Does this mean the 16 will be serving Smallbrook Queensway? At the moment, i'm thinking:
- Moor Street, then right onto St. Martins Queensway, carrying onto Smallbrook Queensway. Then like the 45/47, turns right onto Hill Street & up to Station Street & normal from Markets.

16 always has any hopefully always will serve the markets, will be a sad day if they finally sever that. Can't personally imagine what route it'll take but presumably going to be a one way loop of sorts? Unless they actually make use of the stops on the opposite of the road from the rest of the markets stops for a change
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2015, 10:11:52 PM
16 always has any hopefully always will serve the markets, will be a sad day if they finally sever that. Can't personally imagine what route it'll take but presumably going to be a one way loop of sorts? Unless they actually make use of the stops on the opposite of the road from the rest of the markets stops for a change
If they do stop the 16 from serving the Markets I think they should extend either the 82 and 87, or the 74 and 75 or, 55/55A to serve there instead.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2015, 10:11:52 PM
Wishful thinking - about the stops opposite the markets. I was 'hypothetically re-routing' services, and I think I imagined the 45/47 continue from Pershore Street up onto Ladywell Walk, right, onto Smallbrook & St Martins, then round Moor Street & down Park Street, round Moat Lane, up Upper Dean Street, (stops opposite Markets) - then out of city, via Pershore Street (left turn.) - Not necessarily thinking it would work, just something for me to think about.

Otherwise, I'd would've liked to see the 66 return to the markets, and use those stops - like the good ol' days when they used to terminate at City Hospital... All of course, in the name of 'daydreaming'.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

The way I think the 16 will go is on Pershore St, instead of turning right onto Upper Dean St, carry on round to the left, over Small brook Queensway, up Hill St, right onto Station St (where there used to be bus stops before Corporation St closed) under the bridge and left into Upper Dean St.

winston

PD0001111/39 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Woodgate and Birmingham City Centre given service number X64 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/105 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham to Wolverhampton and Birmingham to Wolverhampton given service number 126 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/383 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Halesowen and Birmingham City Centre given service number 99 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/739 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Walsall to Rugeley Amazon.
    Finish Point: Walsall to Rugeley Amazon.
    Via: Shelfield and Walsall wood.
    Service Number: A51
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 20-SEP-2015
    Other Details: New Service to serve Amazon depot in Rugeley.

PD0001111/740 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Via: Brownhills and Lichfield.
    Service Type: School or Works
    Other Details: New Service

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2015, 06:31:29 PM
PD0001111/39 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Woodgate and Birmingham City Centre given service number X64 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/105 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham to Wolverhampton and Birmingham to Wolverhampton given service number 126 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/383 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Halesowen and Birmingham City Centre given service number 99 effective from 20-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/739 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Via: Shelfield and Walsall wood.
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Other Details: New Service to serve Amazon depot in Rugeley.

PD0001111/740 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Via: Brownhills and Lichfield.
    Service Type: School or Works
    Other Details: New Service

Interesting, only timetable changes, no route changes?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on August 25, 2015, 07:30:10 PM
Were route changes expected?

For X64 yes reouted to serve QE Hospital, plus there was talk of the 99 been extended to Gornal Wood and curtailed to the QE.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

AndrewLee

X64/98/99 routes changing in City. Past Carrs lane, right Priory. Last stop on the left then u-turn Old Square. Presume the relief point will be there as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk