News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Joe's Travel - Outer Circle

Started by fleetline6477, June 07, 2012, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

I have seen 5 of Joe's Travel vehicles on the Outer Circle this week in Bearwood, Harborne and Dudley Road. 3 of them were empty, the other 2 had either 1 or 3 passengers on them. Is anybody actually using their buses?

Paul

It's the same on the 75/79 holding up the traffic flow!!!
Also usually 3 buses parked up in the lay-by
Near WBA ground at lunchtime

MW

Quote from: Paul on June 07, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
It's the same on the 75/79 holding up the traffic flow!!!
Also usually 3 buses parked up in the lay-by
Near WBA ground at lunchtime

I would have thought that they're trying to get a bit more business on the 11, and will eventually withdraw the 75 and work on the 11. Think about it this way, there aren't any emission rules on the 11 as it doesn't enter the city :)

Ash

How come Joes Travel dont use West Brom bus station and drop off on the high street by St Michaels Church i guess its to do with centro

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on June 07, 2012, 08:03:34 PM
They don't want to pay the fees for using the bus station.

Towards Wednesbury they drop off on the ringway outside the metro stop which is of questionable safety.

No wonder they have been quoted in having low passenger usage as surely West Brom bus station is going to be where you pick up the majority of passengers

PM

How frequently do they operate the 11 bcos I like those marshall darts they run on the route..

John

Quote from: Peter123 on June 07, 2012, 09:14:09 PM
How frequently do they operate the 11 bcos I like those marshall darts they run on the route..

I think that it is something like every 40 minutes.

MW

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 07, 2012, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 07, 2012, 09:14:09 PM

I think that it is something like every 40 minutes.

Yesterday I was in Acocks Green and saw one going clockwise, and about 10 minutes later, another one went by. The first one I saw from the front, and the second one I saw whilst in a shop. I don't know what happened there, or if they're timetabled like that.

Quote from: Ash on June 07, 2012, 08:06:51 PM

Towards Wednesbury they drop off on the ringway outside the metro stop which is of questionable safety.

No wonder they have been quoted in having low passenger usage as surely West Brom bus station is going to be where you pick up the majority of passengers

It's going to get even worse for them when the emission rules kick in and they can't even enter birmingham

Mike360

There timetable seems odd as they seem to run all over the place but mostly around every 30 minutes with breaks in between. I don't use this operator except when it was the first 11 Bus to turn up so I got on it and there was only one other passenger but it was a speedy little Dart and even overtook two busy NXWM 11C'S which was great as it got to my destination quickly.

nx4737

Quote from: thetruth on June 07, 2012, 08:09:46 PM
I suppose they've done an analysis of the money gained from not serving the bus station compared to the money lost from the extra passengers they could potentially pick up from the bus station.

Doubt it! ;D

They seem to run to there own timetable, whenever I've seen them... which usually just so happens to be whenever they notice a gap in the NXWM service... :o

Quote from: nx4737 on June 09, 2012, 03:57:44 AM
Quote from: thetruth on June 07, 2012, 08:09:46 PM
I suppose they've done an analysis of the money gained from not serving the bus station compared to the money lost from the extra passengers they could potentially pick up from the bus station.

Doubt it! ;D

They seem to run to there own timetable, whenever I've seen them... which usually just so happens to be whenever they notice a gap in the NXWM service... :o

They might as well run to their own timetable. No-one's gonna wait 40 minutes for a number 11

Lukeee

Quote from: 4504 on June 07, 2012, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 07, 2012, 08:06:51 PM

It's going to get even worse for them when the emission rules kick in and they can't even enter birmingham

I imagine they might place all the buses on the outercricle.

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

ilovetea4370

Whoever got that job needs some retraining I think! For the whole year so far one of the pointers has had a broken headlight, hardly any of the stopping lights work on the buses, M216 YKD has a speedo that doesn't work or move at all and I saw a Marshall broken down in Selly Oak earlier this week...  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk