News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Joe's Travel - Outer Circle

Started by fleetline6477, June 07, 2012, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Latest fleet additions

Dennis Dart SLF/Alexander ALX200 R612SWO
Dennis Dart SLF/Plaxton Pointer MPD V390HGG

winston

PD1080270/1 - JOE'S TRAVEL LTD, 5 LAVENDER CLOSE, WALSALL, WS5 4ST
      Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Bilston, Oxford Street and Birmingham given service number 75E effective from 28-May-2014.

the trainbasher

It's never come whenever I've waited for it.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

fleetline6477

I understand from an ex-Joe's driver, driving for GRS today on the 246 that Joe's has ceased to operate because they were not making money on the 11 but are planning a comeback on some other route/s.

Lukeee

Asuming they must of come off it then very recently, saw 1 on there last week, mind you they were never to busy on there

trident4370

If they were doing as badly as they say, who paid for the low floor darts... The loadings I saw daily were respectable, perhaps if they hadn't been undercutting themselves on the Nbus tickets!

Lukeee

Quote from: trident4370 on April 14, 2014, 10:13:13 PM
If they were doing as badly as they say, who paid for the low floor darts... The loadings I saw daily were respectable, perhaps if they hadn't been undercutting themselves on the Nbus tickets!

I think one of the low floor darts came from GRS so might return to them, the loadings did seem to vary although it was mostly pensioners

PM

Buses up for sale, obviously not going to be a "comeback" at this stage.

http://coachandbusmarket.com/ads/bargain-dennis-marshall/

Lukeee

Thought they might of sold them back to GRS travel (well, at least the Marshall and possibly the Wrights dart)

PM

Quote from: Lukeee on May 02, 2014, 11:16:58 PM
Thought they might of sold them back to GRS travel (well, at least the Marshall and possibly the Wrights dart)

Yeah same Luke-I thought exactly the same, especially given as GRS are said to soon be expanding...

The thing is, the Marshall dart really isn't even cheap.

HTA844N

GRS have now acquired V390HGG and the fuel line issues are being worked on. GRS also wanted the Marshall back, but as Joe's are trying to sell it for the same price as they bought it for, GRS refused to have it back!

PM

Quote from: baker_06 on May 04, 2014, 11:06:21 AM
GRS have now acquired V390HGG and the fuel line issues are being worked on. GRS also wanted the Marshall back, but as Joe's are trying to sell it for the same price as they bought it for, GRS refused to have it back!

Ha that's interesting. Hopefully Joes acquire the crusader dart as thats the best of the lot imo.

trident4370

Did V390 HGG Ever make it into service with Joe's as I have never seen it out?

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

Ha that's interesting. Hopefully Joes acquire the crusader dart as thats the best of the lot imo.

I agree, R404 FFC is a great bus and given its age it was in good condition too internally.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on May 04, 2014, 11:55:07 AM
Did V390 HGG Ever make it into service with Joe's as I have never seen it out?

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

I agree, R404 FFC is a great bus and given its age it was in good condition too internally.

I'm biased but hopefully they do acquire it....It has ramps too.

trident4370

It would be nice for it to remain within the West Midlands, and if GRS are getting ready to expand it'd be ideal for them. I guess it all boils down to 2 factors, 1 how much they want for it, and 2 what condition is it in mechanically.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk