News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

MRD

Started by SEVERNLINK, April 21, 2015, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEVERNLINK

MRD of Bromsgrove seem to have a new bus!

Saw it last week but didn't catch the reg but passed it today on the 90 and its YG02FVX a green Optare Solo formely of Walsall Community Transport.Its got MRD on the rear so could be a permanent replacement for N922NAP.

Interestingly MRD also used a white LDV minibus earlier last week on some services.

the trainbasher

@SEVERNLINK fun fact for you...

When MRD ran the X7 Merry Hill to Bromsgrove service, they actually up the LDV van on there the once...needless to say it was a intersting journey!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B61 ANDREW

N922NAP was still on MRD's premises earlier today - albeit with the rear wheels raised off the ground. As well as the Solo, MRD's two other vehicles were present. Mercs  R901WLG and Convoy YX04LJJ.  :D

countryliner

Does anyone on this forum know what buses that MRD currently have in their bus fleet. Thank you.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 03:37:18 AM
Does anyone on this forum know what buses that MRD currently have in their bus fleet. Thank you.

Also, does anyone know if they gave change?

countryliner

@MW - Yes MRD do indeed give change on all of their bus services.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 05:15:58 AM
@MW - Yes MRD do indeed give change on all of their bus services.

Excellent, I'll get my pennies together then.

countryliner

@MW - I am not sure what their current bus fares are but if you contact them they should be able to let you know.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 03:37:18 AM

Only the Solo as far as I know. The "Gaffer" is a friendly guy, always get a wave or thumbs up from him when he drives past.  :D

Trident 4194

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 14, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
Only the Solo as far as I know. The "Gaffer" is a friendly guy, always get a wave or thumbs up from him when he drives past.  :D

No merc vario?

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 14, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
Always gives you an acknowledgment when giving way for the bus  :D Ex MRW and Yourbus driver think he's a bus crank. Years  ago I used to catch the same 143 back from Redditch always a National except for when Mr MRD was driving he'd somehow manage to turn up with a Leopard which was very unusual at that time ;)

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
No merc vario?
The Varios are operated by Clearway...for the time being  ;D

countryliner

@SEVERNLINK @Trident 4194 @B61 ANDREW - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I presume that MRD must have a second spare bus though to use when YG02 FVX is not available.

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: countryliner on January 15, 2016, 12:46:54 AM
@SEVERNLINK @Trident 4194 @B61 ANDREW - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I presume that MRD must have a second spare bus though to use when YG02 FVX is not available.
The spare was/is an LDV minibus which I saw in use on the 90 one morning just before Christmas.

countryliner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk