News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

BX09 SRO

Started by MW, June 03, 2012, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I love the diamond hybrids!! I got the one with the allover wrap this afternnon. They are fast, comfortable with amazing interiors and no rattles despite what people say about optares. Lets hope they are reliable because they really are bus travel for the 21st Century.

Ash

There not that reliable check out the bus magazine for this month its got a picture of one of them on the 417 turning into west brom being pushed by a diamond driver and 3 NX drivers/inspectors, also one broke down in my area whilst on the 404E last month

PM

I saw the picture in this months buses but wondered other than that.. Oh right-lets hope they are reliable or else they might be exported!! No, I know they wont/cant be bcos they were bought with this governments green bus fund money.....

Ash

Im sure as the technology develops the glitches will be gradually removed there nice buses and according to the facebook page for diamond there going to have branding internally similar to the super 16, double o 2 etc

PM

Hopefully.. I agree theyre nice buses but which services can they be branded for when they seem to appear everywhere!!

Ash

I think it would just be hybrid branding have you saw the ones with the hanover displays on board for passenger information there was on the hybrid which was used on the 404E last monday

PM

I havent cos ive only been on the one in the vinyl wrap....................

Ash

30128 was the one with the display installed on it, what service was the all over wrap one on the 56?

PM

No it was 002 today :)

Ash

002 bet the bus was quite busy then if it was in place for a centro but as i guess its school holidays you can get away with it

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 08, 2012, 09:49:20 PM
002 bet the bus was quite busy then if it was in place for a centro but as i guess its school holidays you can get away with it

Yep it was quite busy but I dont use it in term time so I dont know how busy it was compared to normal.....

Discodave

Quote from: Michael on June 07, 2012, 08:23:19 PM
Quote from: Stu on June 07, 2012, 08:18:35 PM
I didn't catch the number or the full reg, but there was a blue Optare Solo (one of the recent transfers in) on the Warwick Road this evening leaving Acocks Green, and it still had service S4 showing on its destination display.

Saw that too (if it was the same one), did you see the rear lights on it? They've got the Optare LED rear lights, like below:

Great discription of a dennis dart shame its on the back of a solo one of the best buses optare make

MW

Quote from: Discodave on August 06, 2012, 10:23:54 AM
Quote from: Michael on June 07, 2012, 08:23:19 PM
Quote from: Stu on June 07, 2012, 08:18:35 PM
I didn't catch the number or the full reg, but there was a blue Optare Solo (one of the recent transfers in) on the Warwick Road this evening leaving Acocks Green, and it still had service S4 showing on its destination display.

Saw that too (if it was the same one), did you see the rear lights on it? They've got the Optare LED rear lights, like below:

Great discription of a dennis dart shame its on the back of a solo one of the best buses optare make

Lmao good spot. The flickr person has obviously edited the photo and changed the 'd' to an 'f'!

Ash

Do black diamond have all their royale centros back from blue diamond as i knew one or two were on loan.

PM

No, I saw SRO with blue diamond on saturday sorry cant remember which route either 17/37/97

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk