News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM livery

Started by RW, March 12, 2015, 05:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

...sorry to sound like a broken record but are the old shape new deliveries in red and white and only 200/400MMC's in the new Birmingham Standard?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 12, 2015, 11:57:34 PM
...sorry to sound like a broken record but are the old shape new deliveries in red and white and only 200/400MMC's in the new Birmingham Standard?

That is correct Boss! Only new generation Euro 6 buses will be in the new livery

RW

Might be something I did but where did the Poll on this subject disappear to?

don

That's a shame - perhaps it's been moderated?

My input would have been NO to repainting the standard fleet out of red and white.

I personally like the standard livery and the new livery - the latter is better kept to core corridors which have upgraded buses (reminiscent of the days of BCT and Midland Red where you paid a premium to travel on the BMMO bus which stopped at fewer stops and in the early 60s would often be a fairly new vehicle).

Seeing 1669 pictured in Buses Magazine reminded me what an appallingly dated livery TWM had become. A newly repainted Trident or Gemini looks great in my mind. The brand new MMCs on core corridors will stand out also - it won't be too long before the main corridors will be flooded with new two tone red or grey buses.

As for painting single deckers in the new livery - I'm not sure how well it would work - whatever, I think they should be done in a corridor basis anyway - rather than the small batches currently received.

Curious how Travel Coventry is to be dealt with in terms of new livery - once again the Sky blue/white is rather excellent......

I
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 12:07:51 AM

That is correct Boss! Only new generation Euro 6 buses will be in the new livery

Including single deckers?? I would guess only if a corridor upgrade or a platinum route (are there likely to be any run by single deckers?)

Well I can remember back in the day when metrobuses came back from repaints there use to be a sticker on the back of the cab next repaint due xx xx xxxx 5 years was the gap.

RW

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 09:55:14 AM

My input would have been NO to repainting the standard fleet out of red and white.

I personally like the standard livery and the new livery - the latter is better kept to core corridors which have upgraded buses (reminiscent of the days of BCT and Midland Red where you paid a premium to travel on the BMMO bus which stopped at fewer stops and in the early 60s would often be a fairly new vehicle.

Seeing 1669 pictures in Buses Magazine reminded me what an appallingly dated livery TWM had become. A newly repainted Trident or Gemini looks great in my mind. The brand new MMCs on core corridors will stand out also - it won't be too long before the main corridors will be flooded with new two tone red or grey buses.

As for painting single deckers in the new livery - I'm not sure how well it would work - whatever, I think they should be done in a corridor basis anyway - rather than the small batches currently received.

Curious how Travel Coventry is to be dealt with in terms of new livery - once again the Sky blue/white is rather excellent......

I

Moderated! Why would it be whatever it means?

winston

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 09:58:06 AM

Including single deckers?? I would guess only if a corridor upgrade or a platinum route (are there likely to be any run by single deckers?)

Possibly, depends on the make-up of the NX ADL order

don

Quote from: RW on March 13, 2015, 11:12:59 AM
Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 09:55:14 AM

I personally like the standard livery and the new livery - the latter is better kept to core corridors which have upgraded buses (reminiscent of the days of BCT and Midland Red where you paid a premium to travel on the BMMO bus which stopped at fewer stops and in the early 60s would often be a fairly new vehicle.

Seeing 1669 pictures in Buses Magazine reminded me what an appallingly dated livery TWM had become. A newly repainted Trident or Gemini looks great in my mind. The brand new MMCs on core corridors will stand out also - it won't be too long before the main corridors will be flooded with new two tone red or grey buses.

I

Moderated! Why would it be whatever it means?

Well I wouldnt know why - but moderated = altered or deleted by a forum moderator.

don

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 11:16:17 AM
Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 09:58:06 AM

Possibly, depends on the make-up of the NX ADL order

I can foresee 25 (876-900?) more E200s of some description for Walsall and Wolverhampton to replace the B10 and B6s, but would have thought they'd be in standard livery.

winston

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 11:30:03 AM

I can foresee 25 (876-900?) more E200s of some description for Walsall and Wolverhampton to replace the B10 and B6s, but would have thought they'd be in standard livery.

There's just the 15 x Euro 5 E200's to come in standard livery. I believe ADL will be switching production to the E200MMC soon, if any more single deckers are due, they will most likely be in the new livery. B6's at WN could just be replaced by cascading in Tridents & moving the existing E200's & single deckers around.

Chris2301

When the new e200 mmc if we get any will probably be numbered 3000 fleet numbers. I think that some single deckers here might be cascaded to dundee to because their b10s need replacing

don

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 11:39:31 AM

There's just the 15 x Euro 5 E200's to come in standard livery. I believe ADL will be switching production to the E200MMC soon, if any more single deckers are due, they will most likely be in the new livery. B6's at WN could just be replaced by cascading in Tridents & moving the existing E200's & single deckers around.

Seeing as they're having 3 E200s imminently at Wolverhampton I would have though the remaining 11 will be directly replaced at some point.

winston

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 11:58:59 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 11:39:31 AM

Seeing as they're having 3 E200s imminently at Wolverhampton I would have though the remaining 11 will be directly replaced at some point.

But the 3 extra E200's are for new I54 services i.e. existing 54 being extended & new route 154, thus increasing Pvr at WN. Can't see them replacing many or even any B6

JoNi

And we haven't even got round to what colour Sprint buses are going to be. Any ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk