News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: RW on August 14, 2024, 03:18:05 PMSo what constitutes a 'neutral' colour? Surely depressing 'grey' isn't the only colour that complies with that rule. Lime green for a start.
It's amazing how colours get people triggered. I put a photo of 6148 on Facebook and every says those colours are nice. Stagecoach paint 3 buses in exactly the same blue and it is a horrible colour according to all the comments on Facebook.

Mayfield

There is no way in a million years you can compare those 2 liveries 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on August 14, 2024, 08:21:04 PMThere is no way in a million years you can compare those 2 liveries
I'm not, just stating how the same blue is even getting opposite comments, but looks like someone else has triggered

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on August 14, 2024, 08:49:59 PMI'm not, just stating how the same blue is even getting opposite comments, but looks like someone else has triggered

applications matter, its not just the navy that makes 6148 beautiful, its how well it compliments the cream, how well and fitting the placement and application of the colour is, how it creates rapport with the entirety of the rest of 6148 and ties it all together

stagecoach didn't do anything with the colour, all they did was paint bucket tool the entire bus and slap a couple logos on it, not a lot of care and effort (the care and effort you said took 4x the time it takes to paint another bus in the standard livery) was put into making those buses look nicer
16/16A "enjoyer"

jasmine

so effin disappointing to see people with absolutely 0 decorum and respect for the public vehicles they travel in, brand spanking not even 3 month in-service-old buses with this all over the seats (E229) 
16/16A "enjoyer"

Quote from: jasmine on August 15, 2024, 07:04:10 PMso effin disappointing to see people with absolutely 0 decorum and respect for the public vehicles they travel in, brand spanking not even 3 month in-service-old buses with this all over the seats (E229)
To be expected on public transport what's new, graffiti on buses been around for decades 

jasmine

Quote from: 2900 on August 15, 2024, 08:38:19 PMTo be expected on public transport what's new, graffiti on buses been around for decades
its just sad, and shit my bad didn't know only new revelations were allowed on this forum
16/16A "enjoyer"

frostjay974

I just seen pictures of 6104 in its new livery and it looks very similar to a platinum in grey

Mike K

P
Quote from: frostjay974 on August 16, 2024, 10:33:28 PMI just seen pictures of 6104 in its new livery and it looks very similar to a platinum in grey
Other than the rear route number position / lack of rear destination display, externally this batch are the same as the Platinums. Sadly, it looks far worse than it did a few weeks ago. 

Stu

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 16, 2024, 10:33:28 PMI just seen pictures of 6104 in its new livery and it looks very similar to a platinum in grey
Well it will do, its the same type of bus :rolleyes:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ingleboro261F

6104 entered service yesterday if anyone didn't see

TGZac

Is the Platinum brand being phased out? I noticed the picture of recently debranded 6998 is missing the 'Platinum' part of the logo.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: TGZac on September 01, 2024, 05:24:45 PMIs the Platinum brand being phased out? I noticed the picture of recently debranded 6998 is missing the 'Platinum' part of the logo.
As all deliveries are same spec as Platinum, then the Platinum name no longer has any relevance

Stu

Quote from: TGZac on September 01, 2024, 05:24:45 PMIs the Platinum brand being phased out? I noticed the picture of recently debranded 6998 is missing the 'Platinum' part of the logo.
As the Platinum logo was colour-coded for the 16, it will have been removed with the rest of the branding.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 01, 2024, 06:04:13 PMAs the Platinum logo was colour-coded for the 16, it will have been removed with the rest of the branding.

Which is the same comment on put under the photo on Facebook 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk