News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2024, 09:21:51 PMDo something positive and the first comment is a moan
You can't win @Tony - another classic case of speculation when no one knows what the full story is, instead of letting due process happen and be surprised if/when a new bus replaces it!

On another note, is 6148 fitted with a high speed diff/tacho for motorway/private hire purposes?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on August 09, 2024, 10:09:39 AMYou can't win @Tony - another classic case of speculation when no one knows what the full story is, instead of letting due process happen and be surprised if/when a new bus replaces it!

On another note, is 6148 fitted with a high speed diff/tacho for motorway/private hire purposes?
It's standard diff, but is tacho fitted hence choice of bus. This was blocked for months and even nearly went grey on Monday 

Just seen a picture of 6148 at walsall , it looks amazing that shine is summat else on the lower sections.
Grand job by all those involved .

Jack D

Quote from: 2900 on August 10, 2024, 09:12:52 PMJust seen a picture of 6148 at walsall , it looks amazing that shine is summat else on the lower sections.
Grand job by all those involved .
Got the link to pic?

markcf83

Quote from: Stu on August 08, 2024, 08:26:19 PMWill be interesting to see what this looks like in BCT livery!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-6148

I guess it'll be a replacement for 4651.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: Jack D on August 10, 2024, 10:06:21 PMGot the link to pic?
I have on my works group chat the foto, but I have no idea how to upload to forums, i have done it many many years a go on a laptop by just messing about,  Tony mentioned something about bandwidth so I haven't bothered since.

Tony

Steve3229vp

This is by far the best BCT heritage bus I've ever seen.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

That is one good looking Livery suits the MMC like a glove. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Mayfield

Shame the whole fleet can't be this colour instead of the depressing drab colours we have now

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on August 11, 2024, 06:09:23 PMShame the whole fleet can't be this colour instead of the depressing drab colours we have now
That has taken 4 times longer to paint, and cost 3 times as much, hence why most buses around the country are going one colour (Stagecoach, London, Manchester) or sometimes 2 (First).

Single colour repaint is 

prep, mask (one day), undercoat, bake, top coat, bake, varnish, bake (one day), apply vinyls. (0.5 days)

This one was prep, mask undercoat, bake, re-mask for khaki, paint, bake, re-mask for cream, paint, bake, re-mask for blue, very time consuming due to thin lines, paint, bake, re-mask for complete bus, varnish, bake, apply vinyls. Now while the prep & vinyls take the same time the painting took 4 days, not 1.

Mayfield

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Mayfield on August 11, 2024, 07:09:22 PMEverybody is entitled to an opinion
He wasn't criticising you opinion, he was just pointing out how expensive and time consuming it is for liveries like Birmingham City Transport. 

j789

Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2024, 06:36:38 PMThat has taken 4 times longer to paint, and cost 3 times as much, hence why most buses around the country are going one colour (Stagecoach, London, Manchester) or sometimes 2 (First).

Single colour repaint is

prep, mask (one day), undercoat, bake, top coat, bake, varnish, bake (one day), apply vinyls. (0.5 days)

This one was prep, mask undercoat, bake, re-mask for khaki, paint, bake, re-mask for cream, paint, bake, re-mask for blue, very time consuming due to thin lines, paint, bake, re-mask for complete bus, varnish, bake, apply vinyls. Now while the prep & vinyls take the same time the painting took 4 days, not 1.
Do you know which of the WMPTE/WMT/TWM/NXWM liveries has been the most expensive to produce fleet wide? I'm guessing the TWM original low floor was the cheapest?

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2024, 06:36:38 PMThat has taken 4 times longer to paint, and cost 3 times as much, hence why most buses around the country are going one colour (Stagecoach, London, Manchester) or sometimes 2 (First).

Single colour repaint is

How long would you say the TfWM (TfWM diamond pattern) platinums take?
16/16A "enjoyer"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk