News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

TWM Mk2 Metrobuses with orange door poles

Started by B.C Driver, March 07, 2015, 09:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

It was around this time that the neater looking hopper windows came in as well

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2015, 04:45:54 PM
Ah it could be 28*2-4 ring a bell, but couldn't remember if it was 2862-4 or 2892-4.
I think they were just the same as standard MK2's but with just the larger rear emergency. Maybe this was a new option being available by MCW at the time, as I don't ever recall seeing older Metrobuses at different operators having them, but some later MK2's had them.

Looking at @Tony's pictures yeah they were just the same as Mk2A's. Never liked that look myself, much preferred Marshalls work.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley 60171

Something more up my street, I always wondered what the 'M's were for

While were on the subject, when did they start putting the underground style Birmingham route maps behind the drivers cab and were these updated?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 08, 2015, 05:40:34 PM
Something more up my street, I always wondered what the 'M's were for

While were on the subject, when did they start putting the underground style Birmingham route maps behind the drivers cab and were these updated?

Those M's and Triangle on the N113's and the L for the Lynx was for blind people to feel if the doors were closed I believe if I remember back to my type training on those vehicles!!! @Tony
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Gareth

The plastic letters were for blind and visually impaired people, so they could tell the layout of the bus. Standard Fleetlines  had an '0', DMS was a square, Nationals had four square dots and I think Ailsa's had a 'V'.

Bob

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2015, 11:59:19 AM
Quote from: Bob on March 08, 2015, 10:37:39 AM
Quote from: lynx1103 on March 07, 2015, 05:08:06 PM
Remember/Hockley based 2715 has orange bars upper and lower saloon similarto Leyland Lynx bar pattern.
Also BC 2870 went to Centre bus, Leicester still with original brown moquett seating and pershore road route map
Branding stickers on windows.

Was 2870 not subject to a Marshall refurb then?

It had a Marshalls refurb externally and internally as all the others. But no re trimmed seats. A lot of the seats were also the original ones with brown vinyl trim. Absolutely no padding left at all in them!

Wasit the only refurbished mk2 to have the original trim left?  I always hated the blue seats! On metros I mean.  Totally didn't go with the cream flowery formica. It suited fleetline interiors well cos of the amount of blue but metros...the original trim looked much nicer

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Just an observation Mr Trainbasher...you never did answer my question the other day,  regarding how your heroine regarded men over a certain age who used buses as a failure in life :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk