News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes from 26th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2015, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Where are  all those people who keep posting NXWM 'don't want to operate outside the West Midlands' ?

Bob

They still operate outside wm quite a bit tbf, the burntwood service for example and the codsall ones. You never knowmmaybe next time the evening cannock services come up for tender again maybe theyll go for them

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Gareth on March 12, 2015, 07:10:05 PM
As a user of the 14, I'm wondering what are the benefits of extending the service to Bluebell Drive?
Are there other less frequent services that currently go there, thus improving links for local people to and from the shopping centre and/or Birmingham?

I would of thought the 97 would have been curtailed, to provide those folk with a more direct city link since loss of 96/97a. Plus a new estate is being created in that area so could be to do with that

Dutsey

Does this mean the 97 will still be running on Yorkminster drive?

woody38

Good luck to to NXWM thing the service has a better future that a route sponsored by a retailer, I live at Penkridge so it will be nice to have a decent service with newer buses than what Arriva operate, unlike some on here I like the enviro 200, Interesting Arriva are withdrawing there 4A just when it was starting to get more passengers, wonder if they will incorporate it into the revised 76 service.

Chris2301

I see a new pass launching the black country and staffordshire faresaver. Would be awesome if the existing black country faresaver is made to cover those extensions into staffs

the trainbasher

Pity the nbus won't be valid on the extensions of those routes

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Although the reason Tony gave for 861-863 is true (Replacing B6's), the 54 extensions is the real reason why we are getting 3 E200's.

Cheese

Quote from: woody38 on March 12, 2015, 08:05:10 PM
Good luck to to NXWM thing the service has a better future that a route sponsored by a retailer, I live at Penkridge so it will be nice to have a decent service with newer buses than what Arriva operate, unlike some on here I like the enviro 200, Interesting Arriva are withdrawing there 4A just when it was starting to get more passengers, wonder if they will incorporate it into the revised 76 service.

The revised 76 service (as it currently is) will not be replacing the 4A.

Trident 4609

At least if Wednesfield do operate the 76, they can use the Cento's displaced off the 4A.

mranon

i'd have thought b7's would be the better choice of vehicle for the stafford service

Westy

Arriva Wednesfield withdrawing another route.

Good job they appear to have more work to replace it.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
Where are  all those people who keep posting NXWM 'don't want to operate outside the West Midlands' ?
Tony,can you please explain how this subsidy works? On the face of things it appears almost illegal that a competitive route can be introduced with a subsidy unless there is a restriction that passengers can only travel to i54.........or am I missing something?
Could you please explain.

winston

Quote from: arrifirststage on March 13, 2015, 11:26:41 AM
Tony,can you please explain how this subsidy works? On the face of things it appears almost illegal that a competitive route can be introduced with a subsidy unless there is a restriction that passengers can only travel to i54.........or am I missing something?

They are not competitive routes, they are being introduced with funding to give I54 new transport links and were put out to tender, which NX won. I'm sure Arriva would have also submitted bids to operate them.

Chris2301

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 11:45:16 AM
Quote from: arrifirststage on March 13, 2015, 11:26:41 AM

They are not competitive routes, they are being introduced with funding to give I54 new transport links and were put out to tender, which NX won. I'm sure Arriva would have also submitted bids to operate them.

Maybe a 254 might be introduced in the future to link Telford to the i54?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk