News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

What's your local depot? What's your favourite depot?

Started by MW, March 31, 2012, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling in this area of the forum and see what depot is the 'favourite.'

Feel free to answer everyone:

My local depot: Acocks Green
My favourite depot: Acocks Green - simply because of the Wright Eclipses that are (or were) as close as unique, with only Perry Barr and West Bromwich operating them in the area.

What is yours? :)

winston

My local depot: Pensnett
My favourite depot: Quinton

Quote from: Michael on March 31, 2012, 08:32:05 PM
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling in this area of the forum and see what depot is the 'favourite.'

My favourite depot: Acocks Green

Rob H

My Local Depot : Acocks Green
My Favourite Depot : Birmingham Central

Quote from: Michael on March 31, 2012, 08:32:05 PM

My favourite depot: Acocks Green

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMK

We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

don

My local depot - Yardley Wood
My favourite depot - Hockley
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Local depot: Acocks Green

Favourite depot? I suppose it would be Acocks Green too, for no other reason than when one of their technicians found my mobile phone which I'd lost on one of their buses and contacted me (indirectly), invited me to the garage and personally handed it back to me!  A credit to NXWM's staff! His name was Dave, I recall.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

KayP

Local - WB
Favourite - PE

Quote from: Stu on April 01, 2012, 10:05:36 AM
Local depot: Acocks Green

Favourite depot? I suppose it would be Acocks Green too, for no other reason than when one of their technicians found my mobile phone which I'd lost on one of their buses and contacted me (indirectly), invited me to the garage and personally handed it back to me!  A credit to NXWM's staff! His name was Dave, I recall.

Ossie

Local depot - Perry Barr

Favouite depot - fond memories of the old BCT Harborne and Quinton depots back in the days of the Guy Arabs .....

Gareth

My local depot is probably BY followed very closely by BC.

Favourite depot will always be WH.

With former WH routes now run by BC, BY, PB and AG, I dont really have a favourite depot anymore since LH closed.

Gareth

cheshire exile

My local depot - Arriva North West at Winsford, recently improved by 3 brand new Wright Gemini integrals - very smart and a joy to ride.

However as I spent the first 30 odd years of my life in the West Midlands my favourite depot has to be the old BMMO depot at Stourbridge. I grew up at school with FEDDs and I still remember the thrill of the AD2s JHA4-13 ( I think the fleet numbers were 3103-12 ) when they were introduced on the 130 to Birmingham which became the 9 when the original BCT 9 was extended from Quinton to Stourbridge. What memories! No doubt someone will correct me if my memory is failing.

Incidentally the 130 started in Navigation Street and if you went upstairs you could peer down into New Street Station and indulge ones' train-spotting interest. Never minded if it was a late departure.

Apologies for the nostalgia trip - back to topic..........

Stu

Nothing beats a little nostalgia! I grew up with the 120 route, and have seen it passed to and fro between garages, from Dudley, to Hockley, then West Bromwich and now Pensnett, that it almost brings a little tear to my eye now that it has finally received some new buses of its own! I've travelled on it with Metrobuses, Mercedes O405Ns, Volvo B10Ls, Volvo B6LEs, Plaxton Presidents and ALX400s, and yet I've not yet caught one of the new B7RLEs on it!
My locals:

KayP

Yeah, I've used for the 120 now for about 10 years, I've seen almost every type of bus on that service, apart from omnilinks, geminis and tridents. I remember when routes like 128, 129, and even the 258 had doubles

Quote from: Stu on April 02, 2012, 08:58:28 PM
Nothing beats a little nostalgia! I grew up with the 120 route, and have seen it passed to and fro between garages, from Dudley, to Hockley, then West Bromwich and now Pensnett, that it almost brings a little tear to my eye now that it has finally received some new buses of its own! I've travelled on it with Metrobuses, Mercedes O405Ns, Volvo B10Ls, Volvo B6LEs, Plaxton Presidents and ALX400s, and yet I've not yet caught one of the new B7RLEs on it!

richie

Local Depot Pensnett
Favourite Depot Pensnett

Its the one to watch!

Tomjusttom

Stu

Quote from: KayP on April 02, 2012, 11:25:24 PM
Yeah, I've used for the 120 now for about 10 years, I've seen almost every type of bus on that service, apart from omnilinks, geminis and tridents. I remember when routes like 128, 129, and even the 258 had doubles

Since the 120 moved to Pensnett, West Bromwich only operate the 120 on Boxing Day. The one day of the year it gets treated to a Gemini!  ;D
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk