News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

N bus zone

Started by Trident 4194, February 07, 2015, 06:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what is the cut off point for the n bus area? I was thinking of going to Bromsgrove, will I have to pay extra. I've heard it's very hit and miss, and depends on the driver

Alex

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 06:44:27 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what is the cut off point for the n bus area? I was thinking of going to Bromsgrove, will I have to pay extra. I've heard it's very hit and miss, and depends on the driver

Bit confusing as i've managed to get to Tamworth on the 110 on my nBus, but had to pay to get back.
Another case is that, if you are going out of the nBus zone, but not getting off i.e. Going from Wolverhampton to Stourbridge on the 256, which technically goes outside of the nBus zone (Wombourne and Himley), but doesn't terminate there, you can still use your nBus. The cutoff points are according to my memory of a map i had: Perton & Codsall on the Wolverhampton side, Little Aston & Four Oaks near Sutton Coldfield, somewhere near Wollsaton is the cutoff point near Stourbridge, i think

Hope that's helpful @Trident 4194
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

PM

Pay the fare from the boundary is the policy. Obviously people could "get away" with sitting on the top deck of an arriva e400 on the 110 holding their nBus but they should pay from the boundary.

At the end of the day, no local operator's fares are expensive and getting away with depriving operators of revenue will just lead to less services for people to have day trips out on!

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 07, 2015, 06:56:58 PM

Pay the fare from the boundary is the policy. Obviously people could "get away" with sitting on the top deck of an arriva e400 on the 110 holding their nBus but they should pay from the boundary.

At the end of the day, no local operator's fares are expensive and getting away with depriving operators of revenue will just lead to less services for people to have day trips out on!

Correct. Deliberately avoiding payment is no different to any other form of theft. Would you go and rob a bus company's takings from the garage? if not then why do it by not paying?

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Alex

@DiamondDart In all fairness, when i did that, i was 12 and thought the nBus covered the whole country (i wasn't really that interested in buses at the time). Obviously, now i know that, i would pay for a daysaver type ticket when i got on the bus, rather than using my pass
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

PM

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2015, 07:02:46 PM

@DiamondDart In all fairness, when i did that, i was 12 and thought the nBus covered the whole country (i wasn't really that interested in buses at the time). Obviously, now i know that, i would pay for a daysaver type ticket when i got on the bus, rather than using my pass

Fair enough, wasn't having a go!!

Saying that, it's a pity there's no Explorer ticket left over from NBC days like in the North East, meaning for some days out you basically need an nbus and a connecta...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2015, 06:53:27 PM

Bit confusing as i've managed to get to Tamworth on the 110 on my nBus, but had to pay to get back.
Another case is that, if you are going out of the nBus zone, but not getting off i.e. Going from Wolverhampton to Stourbridge on the 256, which technically goes outside of the nBus zone (Wombourne and Himley), but doesn't terminate there, you can still use your nBus. The cutoff points are according to my memory of a map i had: Perton & Codsall on the Wolverhampton side, Little Aston & Four Oaks near Sutton Coldfield, somewhere near Wollsaton is the cutoff point near Stourbridge, i think

Isn't NBus valid to Kinver?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2015, 07:08:36 PM
For buses going from Halesowen/ Stour to Bromsgrove

147 it's Grange Road
202 it's Kitwell
318 it's Hagley Road (Pedmore)

If I'm going out of county I just get a connecta (handy that I live on the county border), no child ticket for that though, children pay adult rate, was £6.50 but gone up I think

I went all the way to the lickey hills on the 202 on an nbus

Alex

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2015, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2015, 06:53:27 PM

Isn't NBus valid to Kinver?

@Stuharris 6360 Yeah, it is, my mistake

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 07:12:12 PM
Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2015, 07:08:36 PM
For buses going from Halesowen/ Stour to Bromsgrove

147 it's Grange Road
202 it's Kitwell
318 it's Hagley Road (Pedmore)

If I'm going out of county I just get a connecta (handy that I live on the county border), no child ticket for that though, children pay adult rate, was £6.50 but gone up I think

I went all the way to the lickey hills on the 202 on an nbus

The 202 is a difficult one as it goes in and out of the boundary to a greater extent than most other services.

Connecta is £6.90 now!

vinh1000

Ended up in cannock one day with it when i was a bit younger

Used it on the way back and it was accepted on the 68 but not the 70 or the x31 at the time

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2015, 07:26:17 PM
Not sure which side of the boundary the Lickey Hills are ? Would certainly be fine if in West Mids.

So I am allowed to go on 202 to Bromsgrove with diamond on nbus
I'm not allowed to go to Bromsgrove on 147 on nbus.

Makes no sense

Stu

Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2015, 07:35:05 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 07:32:51 PM
Not sure which side of the boundary the Lickey Hills are ? Would certainly be fine if in West Mids.

Makes no sense

You can't go to Bromsgrove on any service with an nbus !

You might be able to get to Bromsgrove with an nBus ticket/pass, but you wouldn't be able to get back!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 07:32:51 PM

Makes no sense

No.
nBus valid to Rednal island on 202.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk