News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bearwood buses bad for your health.

Started by andrew1991, February 04, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

1)He wanted to see more Euro 6 buses, which came into service on September 14, using the number 11 route which covers areas around Birmingham, including Stechford, Yardley, Perry Barr, Harborne and Bearwood

1)What a pillock, in what universe did the 11 get new buses last year!

2)Mr Eling believed the problem was caused by older buses run by operator National Express West Midlands which needed replacing with newer models and he has called on the operator to carry out the change.

2) NX are and were already beginning to introduce new buses around there i.e. The Hagley Rd is allocated Tridents & E400's, which are perfectly reasonable to use, but just because the 11 and 49 were/are using older buses for a couple more months, there's a bit of a sh**storm, when the 11 will be getting upgraded, and the Mercs on the 49 are going this year.

3) He said the operator was still using Euro 4 classification buses, which are 10 years old

3) Euro 4 spec vehicles entered service in 2007, not 2005 as implied

Wow, can they not proof read and/or check their facts?

Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

Quote from: Alex on February 04, 2015, 05:57:06 PM
1)He wanted to see more Euro 6 buses, which came into service on September 14, using the number 11 route which covers areas around Birmingham, including Stechford, Yardley, Perry Barr, Harborne and Bearwood

I read that as he wants more Euro6 buses on the 11 route. And Euro6 buses were introduced in September 2014. It's the way that the E&S have worded it, that makes his quote look silly.

Although the buses used on the 11 are some of the oldest used in the area of Bearwood, they only use a relatively short stretch of Bearwood Road though.

It has to be said though that the Express & Star appear to be to transport related stories, as the Daily Express is to weather-related stories, ie making mountains out of mole-hills  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2015, 06:14:10 PM

I read that as he wants more Euro6 buses on the 11 route. And Euro6 buses were introduced in September 2014. It's the way that the E&S have worded it, that makes his quote look silly.

Although the buses used on the 11 are some of the oldest used in the area of Bearwood, they only use a relatively short stretch of Bearwood Road though.

It has to be said though that the Express & Star appear to be to transport related stories, as the Daily Express is to weather-related stories, ie making mountains out of mole-hills  ;)

This is actually a politician trying to claim credit for doing absolutely nothing. Quite a common occurance.

NXWM put Euro 6 buses on the 9 (which he already knows about) and when they appear he claims credit for getting the new buses on a route through Bearwood. The a bit later on when Presidents start getting withdrawn and more Geminis get onto the 11 he again claims credit for 'putting pressure on NX' He is obviously straight from the Tony Blair school of Bullshite. As for the Express & Star it is well know as 'anti-public transport' you only have to look at any of its HS2 or Midland Metro 'comment' columns to see that

Stuharris 6360

If i were NE i would divert the 11 away from Bearwood Road, then he can't moan anymore!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

The express and star...even a use as toilet paper is impossible!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sandwell Council should contribute some funding to NX for new vehicles as their deputy leader Steve Eling is so concerned?

Deputy leader of sandwell council steve Elling you is a complete f#####g muppet, get a real job, you know nothing, probably unemployable in the real world. More like councillor toe rag.

don

2)Mr Eling believed the problem was caused by older buses run by operator National Express West Midlands which needed replacing with newer models and he has called on the operator to carry out the change.

All sounds pretty reasonable to me - surprising really no other politicians jumped on the fact the 11 was downgraded partially to very old (albeit in pretty good condition) buses to facilitate NXWM complying with Birmingham's low emission zone by putting most of its new double deckers on Birmingham radial routes............... you can understand Sandwell councillors getting upset (although they did get 52 new buses at West Brom garage recently - a large chunk of which operate.......on Birmingham radial routes!!!)

Bearwood High Street pedestrians choked by fumes from ancient Presidents  ;D I wonder if the 11 will get any new buses soon??!!

The issue of Birmingham getting all the investment (whether true or not) has been around since time immemorial and the source of political banter!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

DavieDD2

These idiot politicians haven't got a clue, don't they realise buses aren't the only vehicles on the road? I don't hear them complaining about lorries, beaten up old vans or diesel taxis, where do they think the money is coming from fro new buses? when was the last time you saw a politician on a bus? f**k the lot of them, self serving morons.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2015, 06:35:22 PM
This is actually a politician trying to claim credit for doing absolutely nothing. Quite a common occurance.

NXWM put Euro 6 buses on the 9 (which he already knows about) and when they appear he claims credit for getting the new buses on a route through Bearwood. The a bit later on when Presidents start getting withdrawn and more Geminis get onto the 11 he again claims credit for 'putting pressure on NX' He is obviously straight from the Tony Blair school of Bullshite. As for the Express & Star it is well know as 'anti-public transport' you only have to look at any of its HS2 or Midland Metro 'comment' columns to see that

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Tony, and you're right, I can see exactly that happening. Are there also council elections coming up this year in Sandwell by any chance?

Coming up in the E&S next month:
Deputy Council Leader Eling today welcomed the introduction of modern Euro6 buses through Bearwood, after National Express bowed to pressure from Sandwell Council

;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richie

Did this survey offset the emissions from the amount of people being carried? A full bus would create far less emissions than the equivalent number of cars to carry the load. Even a shed of a bus!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richie on February 07, 2015, 08:33:11 PM
Did this survey offset the emissions from the amount of people being carried? A full bus would create far less emissions than the equivalent number of cars to carry the load. Even a shed of a bus!

Doubt it, they were just after a news story.

What the next news story should be is

National Express reroute the 11 away from Bearwood after complaints from Deputy Leader of Sandwell Council inconveniencing many passengers!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2015, 08:38:23 PM
Quote from: richie on February 07, 2015, 08:33:11 PM

Doubt it, they were just after a news story.

What the next news story should be is

National Express reroute the 11 away from Bearwood after complaints from Deputy Leader of Sandwell Council inconveniencing many passengers!

In all honesty buses are very bad for pollution..

the trainbasher

The thread title should be named Politicians are bad for Your Health!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk