News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Worcestershire Fare changes 2015

Started by tank90, January 22, 2015, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Be aware from the 2nd Feb 2015 there are some changes to fares in Worcestershire that are nothing to do with WCCs Connecta passes.

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/ChangestoFaresintheWorcestershireArea_316.html

Some are going up some are frozen so look out.
This is for KR & RH mainly.

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

StourportSam

They seem very reasonable indeed to me.

tank90

Quote from: StourportSam on January 23, 2015, 03:41:00 PM

Maybe but in Redditch it may go down as well as a fart in a lift if I'm honest.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 23, 2015, 04:46:49 PM

To be fair, the fares in Redditch are a lot cheaper than elsewhere

tank90

Quote from: Winston on January 23, 2015, 07:54:04 PM
Quote from: tank90 on January 23, 2015, 04:46:49 PM

To be fair, the fares in Redditch are a lot cheaper than elsewhere
Granted but the amount of people (when there are buses at frequent times to places ie Tesco Extra) who the buses is high. So the amount of people using the old 55/56/a was high compared to some other services in Worcestershire.
As I've said before in many places to many people, Redditch is a weird town, it's not a normal town nor a normal district area like Wychavon or Wrye Forest or Malvern Hills it's more like a City. In that its a big town where everything is in a controlled area not vastly spread out but has deadly hills. It's a large town small City and can support two or more bus companies at once if the right priced multi operator ticket is around. £2.50 is a little steep when a day is £1.80, granted Redditch could have a £2 day ticket and it wouldn't course to much of an issue but then you look at levels of service, and people do in Redditch when bus fare goes up, and you think well the 57/58 is always late at some point during the day. The 55/56 has seen a reduction in frequency, the 70 could also manage a higher frequency. If you look at all £1.80 has been around for fair few years in Redditch and was value for money, but to pay an extra 10p for a less frequent service that makes no sense at all is a bit much in most people's eyes. At least NXWM doesn't reduce frequency then put up its prices. People in Redditch wouldn't mind paying Diamond £2 for a day if they got a reliable service in return with main routes having a good frequency ie the 55/56 every 20 mins and adding in Webheath Tesco and the Alex as standard no one would mind it, those in Astwood Bank wouldn't mind having the 70 at every 30 mins with a £2 fare. It's just weighing up things and being able to see some improvement in paying more. Granted wages have gone up but other things are starting to fall, slowly.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk