News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Another 'first of a batch' now back home

7024 back at PB with 7032 at Walsall for repaint

Solo1

4466 was out tonight on 97 in the new livery
Looks better than the old livery

Liverpool Street

4466 looks fantastic.

Didn't think I'd say that but it is impressive. Good work.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like it then tbh. It looks good because the paint is fresh, same with the Geminis. I much prefer the revised TWM low floor livery, as the Geminis/Tridents came new in, as well as the short lived toothpaste livery, as 4718-4736 came new in.

It is however certainly a smart livery, and much better than the red and white livery. I think the problem for me is, it's lacking blue, basically. I think the Crimson livery looks good on the MMCs (both single and double deck), but on these older buses, it doesn't look right. It looks too London-ified, especially on the Tridents.

P419 EJW

Quote from: MW on December 04, 2015, 02:10:16 AM
I'm probably the only one who doesn't like it then tbh. It looks good because the paint is fresh, same with the Geminis. I much prefer the revised TWM low floor livery, as the Geminis/Tridents came new in, as well as the short lived toothpaste livery, as 4718-4736 came new in.

I agree with you, @MW. When I saw 4466 myself, I had a feeling I wouldn't like it. The gold curve is too pronounced (like a quartered circle curve) whereas the MMCs have a nice decline. I just wish they kept the TWM livery or applied the toothpaste livery on all buses. Now that would be awesome.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: MW on December 04, 2015, 02:10:16 AM

It is however certainly a smart livery, and much better than the red and white livery. I think the problem for me is, it's lacking blue, basically. I think the Crimson livery looks good on the MMCs (both single and double deck), but on these older buses, it doesn't look right. It looks too London-ified, especially on the Tridents.

Don't get me wrong these liveries don't even come close to quality of low floor TWM, but we have to realise that livery will never return.

As a compromise we have this, 'London-ified', smart livery. We can moan about there not being any blue but NX management really couldn't care less so what's the point.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

GeminiFan1991

I have to agree with you their @MW The E400MMCs don it really well and so do the Geminis. Of anything the crimson geminis in the dark are a sight to behold.

My main problem with the livery is personally, I don't think the crimson stands out enough (I.e. the 2 red shades dont contrast enough)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

JoNi

They could be known as the Invisible bus company (after dark) if the fleetname isn't a "registered trademark" if that is the correct expression!

dingding

I was only thinking this today when I saw an Maroon liveried AG Gemini on the 966 approaching in the dark at the International Station as a 900 went the other way and both just disappeared into the gloom.

In bright sunshine the new liveries look great but at night...!

Dave

Stevo

I do like the crimson but you're right in saying it seems very dark on a dark December evening. And it's no doubt true that the paintwork will have to be kept shiny - platinums too - or it'll look drab.

WB

Being washed every day wont help with paint fade :(
And i really hope when someone does prang one nx actually repaint the damaged panels properly to match not like some of the enviros that have the white paint brushed on!!
The new livery is smart and i think it makes the buses look newer and more up market... Shame about the passengers ;)

Ashley 60171

Quote from: WB on December 05, 2015, 07:59:34 AM
Being washed every day wont help with paint fade :(
And i really hope when someone does prang one nx actually repaint the damaged panels properly to match not like some of the enviros that have the white paint brushed on!!
The new livery is smart and i think it makes the buses look newer and more up market... Shame about the passengers ;)

I was waiting for an opportunity to say that all the new liveries and investment is like nice toilet roll. Wasted on arseholes :P

Tony

Five buses finished last week
1949; 4466; 4645; 4657 all in Crimson
4421 in Coventry blue/white

Vehicles in paint
AG-  4530, 4649, 4639, 4641, 4643
BC   4462, 4468
PB    1905, 7026, 7032,  4814, 4826, 4820
WB   1938, 1951

4449 should be the next trident called in.
One repaint in red/white will be 4175. When the overall advert was removed it took all the paint with it, so the advertising company are paying for a repaint

r700a

I must admit, the 11A/C branding is looking nice! Glad to see them branded again.

Now all we need is some new buses for it  :P

Westy

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 08:32:44 PM
Five buses finished last week
1949; 4466; 4645; 4657 all in Crimson
4421 in Coventry blue/white

Vehicles in paint
AG-  4530, 4649, 4639, 4641, 4643
BC   4462, 4468
PB    1905, 7026, 7032,  4814, 4826, 4820
WB   1938, 1951

4449 should be the next trident called in.
One repaint in red/white will be 4175. When the overall advert was removed it took all the paint with it, so the advertising company are paying for a repaint

So why wasnt 4175 painted in crimson then?

It would have to be painted again surely?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk