News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I'd seen that the ex YW E400's at WB are due to be repainted Crimson, but didn't see anything about 4812.

Tony

2900 had posted that the West Bromwich ones were going in the new livery on here as the management there had told some of the drivers

Stu

I had a feeling that maybe in the future newer 'older' buses would eventually be painted in the crimson livery, it just seems a bit premature at this stage.

So West Brom will have newish E400s less than a year old in the 'old' red/white livery on the 74/75, and older seven-year-old E400s in the 'new' livery on the 82/87?

Sorry, but this just seems to 'dilute' the impact of the new crimson livery; wasn't it meant to initially make the new Euro6 buses stand out?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 20, 2015, 07:27:32 PM
I had a feeling that maybe in the future newer 'older' buses would eventually be painted in the crimson livery, it just seems a bit premature at this stage.

So West Brom will have newish E400s less than a year old in the 'old' red/white livery on the 74/75, and older seven-year-old E400s in the 'new' livery on the 82/87?

Sorry, but this just seems to 'dilute' the impact of the new crimson livery; wasn't it meant to initially make the new Euro6 buses stand out?

Who said that? Only people guessing on here

domino.99

So to get things straight, from what I can sum up.

The ex YW 47** E400's are being repainted into crimson livery

4812 is in for a repaint, as of yet we don't know if that is to be crimson or just a tone up (Yet to be confirmed by Tony)

The E200MMC are to be in crimson.

Stuharris 6360

So @Tony are repaints into both liverys to continue UFN?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 20, 2015, 07:44:42 PM
So @Tony are repaints into both liverys to continue UFN?

Say if the older buses (ALXs, etc) - with some life left in them, I'd predict them to recieve touch ups. Buses from circa 2006+ (57 plate Trident E400s, may go in for the full works, possibly) my prediction.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

The comings and goings at walsall paint shop from now till the end of the year should be interesting.
Expect the unexpected. Ramp up the guessing game of what else could see the new livery.

BU07 LGO

There was a trident outside paint shop last night freshly done, I forgot to get fleet number though :(

Will see if it's still there when finish later

John

4254 back in garage this morning fresh from refurb

Tony

Two more buses in for repaint are

AG 4665 (repaint only) This was done in 2012 and the interior is still good, but Acocks Green had changed about 3 panels and not got correct shades of colours so it is getting a once over at Walsall to make it match all the others around it.

PB 4799, this is another due the full Crimson treatment including the red spot moquette

BU07 LGO

That's a surprise. It didn't last long the new buses only into Crimson.

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 26, 2015, 06:11:23 PM
That's a surprise. It didn't last long the new buses only into Crimson.

Nobody other than people guessing have said it was for new buses only. I know at least one member of the forum has emailed NX to ask about it and the reply they got from NX was routes would go Crimson one at a time. This is what is happening. So yes, while each route is done you will get a mix of livery, but buses off one or two routes will go through, and then the paintshop will move to another. You will notice large numbers of 4738-62/99-815/7-29 turning up at Walsall in the next few weeks. This should avoid the mess of buses in all sorts of variations of livery being mixed up together.

AG's Geminis are staying red & white because so many have already been done and they don't want a mix on the Outer Circle

BU07 LGO

It makes sense but surely they should do all wb's then all of pb's or vice versa? Also what route are 4799-4815 intended for?

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 26, 2015, 06:32:37 PM
It makes sense but surely they should do all wb's then all of pb's or vice versa? Also what route are 4799-4815 intended for?

It's not that easy to arrange that many buses from one garage at a time, 6 is pushing it. The Perry Barr ones are for the routes already given on here, 7, 16 & 101

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk