News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Metrobuses were painted in an old livery for around 10years after the introduction of TWM livery in 1996. Other step entrance types gained TWM livery, so it wasn't just the fact they weren't low floor.

RW

Same question. What's the point? If NX have decided on the need for a new livery why would they keep using red/white for repaints once the new livery has made its appearance on the road?

winston

Quote from: RW on January 29, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Thanks Tony. Hopefully once the new livery has started appearing in public on new deliveries repaints of all vehicles will be based on the new livery. If NX felt the need to change the livery can't see why they would continue to turn out vehicles in the former livery. What would be the point?

To distinguish which corridors have been upgraded to 'gold standard' with new buses?

I personally think it looks untidy when a new livery is introduced to the existing fleet with a handful of random buses appearing on random routes in the new colours. I was much better how they introduced the TWM low floor livery on new deliveries and retaining the existing red band livery for step entrance buses.

don

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
Quote from: RW on January 29, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Thanks Tony. Hopefully once the new livery has started appearing in public on new deliveries repaints of all vehicles will be based on the new livery. If NX felt the need to change the livery can't see why they would continue to turn out vehicles in the former livery. What would be the point?

To distinguish which corridors have been upgraded to 'gold standard' with new buses?

I personally think it looks untidy when a new livery is introduced to the existing fleet with a handful of random buses appearing on random routes in the new colours. I was much better how they introduced the TWM low floor livery on new deliveries and retaining the existing red band livery for step entrance buses.

Bearing in mind there'll be around 500 within quite a short time not only it will show where investment has occurred but also the amount of investment by how regular a sight they are - around a third of the fleet.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on January 30, 2015, 12:08:56 PM

Bearing in mind there'll be around 500 within quite a short time not only it will show where investment has occurred but also the amount of investment by how regular a sight they are - around a third of the fleet.

Totally agree Don, most of the investment will likely be targeted towards the gold corridors, they will offer additional benefits to passengers & therefore should stand out from the mainstream fleet

Tony

4669 now finished and back at Acocks Green

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Vehicles currently being repainted
AG 4666(WA); 4670 (WA)
BC 4432 (WA); 4613(WA);
CV 4404 (WA);
PB 1845 (WA)
PE 4346 (WA)
WA 4330; (WB); 4737 (WA)
WB 4264(WA); 4513 (WB)
WN 4324(WA); 4549 (WA)
YW 4392 (Trailways); 4394 (Trailways); 4395 (Trailways)
[/quote]

Stevo

They need to decide whether the two-tone red is a 'special' livery, in which case it should be kept to designated routes. If it's just a new livery, vehicles in the old livery are bound to get mixed up with those in new and it'll be just as messy as it's been since 2008 when the first NatEx livery appeared. In that case it's best to repaint everything as quickly as possible in the new livery.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stevo on January 30, 2015, 08:33:55 PM
They need to decide whether the two-tone red is a 'special' livery, in which case it should be kept to designated routes. If it's just a new livery, vehicles in the old livery are bound to get mixed up with those in new and it'll be just as messy as it's been since 2008 when the first NatEx livery appeared. In that case it's best to repaint everything as quickly as possible in the new livery.

I agree. I bet you'll still be seeing red and white in 2020!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

I don't see the need of adding a new livery, it's actually really annoying, especially now all (except 4177 & 4432) have been painted into NX livery. I can't be bothered to keep up with another set of repainting, if that's what it comes to
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

The Real 4778

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 31, 2015, 12:03:32 AM
I don't see the need of adding a new livery, it's actually really annoying, especially now all (except 4177 & 4432) have been painted into NX livery. I can't be bothered to keep up with another set of repainting, if that's what it comes to

Then simply don't be bothered to keep up with it!

The current livery is annoying because it's so dull and impractical, it will be great to see less and less white - or should I say filth-streaked ex-white - on the roads of the district...
Don't you start.

Sh4318

Quote from: The Real 4778 on February 01, 2015, 10:15:51 AM

The current livery is annoying because it's so dull and impractical, it will be great to see less and less white - or should I say filth-streaked ex-white - on the roads of the district...

Don't worry, I won't! Just seems pointless adding a new livery after 6 years of repainting buses into the current livery...
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

The Real 4778

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 01, 2015, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on February 01, 2015, 10:15:51 AM

Don't worry, I won't! Just seems pointless adding a new livery after 6 years of repainting buses into the current livery...

Fair one!  I think it's generally accepted that some questionable decisions were made by a couple of previous managements - let's hope we can return to a state of evolution rather than chaos!
Don't you start.

Stuharris 6360

4443 seen parked at Trailways!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Chris2301

Reading buses seem to have several different liveries for the different coloured services. I would like to see what the new livery will look like on the e200 mmc

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 02, 2015, 06:36:44 PM
4443 seen parked at Trailways!

4443 hasn't been to Trailways? Only the three YW ones there yesterday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk