News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Yes, 4523 is now an AG vehicle, but is still in PB garage

JIM C

Why are they still repainting in the old livery ,when a new one is being applied to new buses?

winston

Quote from: JIM C on March 21, 2015, 12:30:52 AM
Why are they still repainting in the old livery ,when a new one is being applied to new buses?

New livery is for new generation Euro 6 buses with new moquette, old one remains for existing fleet buses

JIM C

So west midlands will be using 2 different liveries . what will coventry  get ?.up here it looks like green with what ive seen in diagrams ..

winston

Quote from: JIM C on March 21, 2015, 10:41:53 PM
So west midlands will be using 2 different liveries . what will coventry  get ?.up here it looks like green with what ive seen in diagrams ..

Seems that way. No confirmation on NXC's and there's been no rumour/confirmation of NXC having any more new buses over & above the 5 E200's in current (old livery) at present. Two tone blue would seem the obvious choice and would also work in Dundee I.e. (Tayside colours). The green Dundee version is still only a proposal at present isn't it?

Are Dundee due any new buses this year?

JIM C

we are getting 5 new midis within the next few weeks to replace the solos. at first we were told it would be E200s  but there is,nt any spare at the moment and my source  said we are getting streetlites .will have to wait and see . plus the buses due from birmingham .as for the colour change we are having a public vote on the subject .but i think its done and dusted .

winston

Quote from: JIM C on March 21, 2015, 10:53:45 PM
we are getting 5 new midis within the next few weeks to replace the solos. at first we were told it would be E200s  but there is,nt any spare at the moment and our operations manager said we are getting streetlites .will have to wait and see . plus the buses due from birmingham .as for the colour change we are having a public vote on the subject .but i think its done and dusted .

Interesting that you may be getting some new buses, I was under the impression as part of the ADL deal, that any extra requirements would also come from there. That said, NX Op's have recently taken majority E200's but at least 4 x Solo SR's for BA shuttles at Heathrow.

Personally, a two tone blue version of the latest livery would work both for NXC & Dundee. I take it you still don't know what/how many is expected from Birmingham as yet?

BU07 LGO

1787 is transferring? Probably to be followed by other b7rle'

DavieDD2

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 10:46:52 PM
Two tone blue would seem the obvious choice and would also work in Dundee I.e. (Tayside colours). The green Dundee version is still only a proposal at present isn't it?

Are Dundee due any new buses this year?

I couldn't agree more Winston, and as there's no plans for new buses for Dundee any time soon we'll have to make do with repainting our existing fleet...
7002 SP54 CHG NXDundee Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini (new livery) by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on March 23, 2015, 12:11:37 AM
I couldn't agree more Winston, and as there's no plans for new buses for Dundee any time soon we'll have to make do with repainting our existing fleet...

Jim message above seems to suggest 5 new Midi's are due at Dundee?

DavieDD2

Except those! (The last 3 "new" midis we got to replace Solos were second hand)

JIM C

ACTUALLY THERE WAS 4 .731,2,3,AND 734,. WATCH  OUT FOR 5 MORE SOON .

DavieDD2

winston

The new livery style seems to work well when applied to single deckers as well, cheers @DavieDD2 for the B7RLE image

Stevo

Yes - looks good. But I will be quite cross if Dundee buses get repainted in the new-style livery while West Midlands ones don't...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk