News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus predictions for 2015....

Started by the trainbasher, January 05, 2015, 11:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 05, 2015, 11:12:20 AM
What do you think will happen in the bus world in 2015?

I think:

At least 2 buses will have fires.

At least one major stabbing on a bus.

Hansons will launch another route.

Diamond will lose more tenders to Igo.

There will be a company purchased which nobody expected.

First will buy new deckers for the 144.

The 9 and 900 will go 24hrs

wasn't there a stabbing on the No1/No2 route in wolvo the other day.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Stu on January 05, 2015, 06:20:12 PM
...social media will go crazy with people claiming it is cheaper to get a taxi, NX are ripping off customers (whilst failing to slam other operators for increasing their prices), and all the buses are old and smelly and full of dirty tramps.

Not going to lie but this bit is actually true... Friends on Facebook have been complaining and said the exact same thing. I don't care because I have a yellow Centro bus pass which is basically free travels for me! ;)

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 05, 2015, 04:18:07 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on January 05, 2015, 04:09:25 PM
The B6s and B10Ls will be withdrawn sometime in this year. :( :'(

Won't Mercs go before b10 & b6 ?

I am not certain. Tony might know about this?

Liverpool Street

Fare increase will be announced in December, and social media will go crazy with people claiming it is cheaper to get a taxi, NX are ripping off customers (whilst failing to slam other operators for increasing their prices), and all the buses are old and smelly and full of dirty tramps.

Swift pay-as-you-go will be launched on NX buses, with cheaper fares to attract people to switch to smartcards, yet one person on my Facebook page will continue to insist that NX will be mass-profiteering as a result.

One other person will continue to insist that NX should renumber all their bus routes back to how they were, and extend all their routes to places that no-one else really wants to get a bus to.

There'll be a major review of services in Dudley, and despite extensive consultations, some people will moan about the changes, while others will claim that the new route numberings will be confusing because "what if people mix up the 2 service between Dudley and Merry Hill and the 2 service between Birmingham and Maypole".

iGO will win more tendered contracts.

Just the same as 2014 then! Haha

Seriously though, those people really think it costs less in a cab then on the bus? Delusional to the max! It cost me 5 quid from Northfield to Selly Oak in a Private Hire! The buses was running to shot I called the ole 7 sevens.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 05, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
Fare increase will be announced in December, and social media will go crazy with people claiming it is cheaper to get a taxi, NX are ripping off customers (whilst failing to slam other operators for increasing their prices), and all the buses are old and smelly and full of dirty tramps.

Swift pay-as-you-go will be launched on NX buses, with cheaper fares to attract people to switch to smartcards, yet one person on my Facebook page will continue to insist that NX will be mass-profiteering as a result.

One other person will continue to insist that NX should renumber all their bus routes back to how they were, and extend all their routes to places that no-one else really wants to get a bus to.

There'll be a major review of services in Dudley, and despite extensive consultations, some people will moan about the changes, while others will claim that the new route numberings will be confusing because "what if people mix up the 2 service between Dudley and Merry Hill and the 2 service between Birmingham and Maypole".

iGO will win more tendered contracts.

Just the same as 2014 then! Haha

Seriously though, those people really think it costs less in a cab then on the bus? Delusional to the max! It cost me 5 quid from Northfield to Selly Oak in a Private Hire! The buses was running to shot I called the ole 7 sevens.

I'd love to get the numbers of these taxi companies these people claim are cheaper than buses; the last time I paid for a taxi was a few years ago, I got up late for work and paid over £6 for a taxi from Acocks Green to Cranmore in Shirley, the journey was certainly quicker than the bus but no cheaper!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andrew1991

Quote from: Winston on January 05, 2015, 03:45:21 PM
Quote from: Andrew on January 05, 2015, 03:41:09 PM

Don't forget to add possible garage closures to that list..............

I'd have thought the opposite is more likely, as a number of garages are already at capacity and NX want to grow all group businesses organically.

Sprint would also need a home if NX were to win the contract to operate it.

I could have meant another company.......

winston

Quote from: Andrew on January 05, 2015, 10:31:20 PM

I'd have thought the opposite is more likely, as a number of garages are already at capacity and NX want to grow all group businesses organically.

I could have meant another company......... Or ........ 農場¤*可以?被替換*%為道§爾頓¥¥公路一個新¥的車庫 but then things change as quick as the weather, and you never know what to believe Управление според сведенията е бил на място

You could have, but there aren't many operators with multiple garages that could close one to choose from....

andrew1991

Quote from: Winston on January 05, 2015, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: Andrew on January 05, 2015, 10:31:20 PM

I could have meant another company......... Or ........ 農場¤*可以?被替換*%為道§爾頓¥¥公路一個新¥的車庫 but then things change as quick as the weather, and you never know what to believe Управление според сведенията е бил на място

You could have, but there aren't many operators with multiple garages that could close one to choose from....

I suppose you're right..... Guess no one will understand the translation as it doesn't make sense when u try to translate it back to English lol

Liverpool Street

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this is strictly an English Only forum!

So be a dear and translate that script back to the Worlds Language.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony when was that picture of old 204 taken, great shot, do like the livery on this leyland very nice.
I,m sure I,ve seen a metrobus in this colour some where looks the business I thought. An A reg example.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on January 06, 2015, 10:43:32 AM
Tony when was that picture of old 204 taken, great shot, do like the livery on this leyland very nice.
I,m sure I,ve seen a metrobus in this colour some where looks the business I thought. An A reg example.

Photo was taken around 1970, here is the Metrobus (bottom picture) http://wmbipcouk.ipage.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2888.html

Sayeed

I would predict 22 and 87 to go 24hrs
Век живи - век учись

RR378

Tara4352

The 289 to go merry hill to Stourbridge and dudley but that would probably be unreliable 😗

the trainbasher

Someone will Install a tracker in me so I will be even more easier to spot :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk