News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on February 23, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
Does that mean 101-107 won't be allocated whatsover or will any of these cover on the route?

101-107 are kept off public service where possible, particularly 101-105, as they are first choice for private hire after Olympians, as they have seatbelts

Yes of course they may cover at some point, it depends what's available, one cannot predict it. 106 got onto the 50 earlier this week, well it lasted half a day before arriving back at the garage with a dent in the corner!

the trainbasher

Wouldn't mind seeing a spectra on there...especially if a wolverhampton spectra appears in merry hill and parks up alongside it...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Niall

Out on the 22 again this morning, in 113. "BUS 22" was on the display.

Also, bus stop flags are being changed this morning. Just seen them doing Spies lane about 8:45, working their way towards Halesowen, I think.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

Quote from: N94 on February 24, 2014, 09:16:47 AM
Out on the 22 again this morning, in 113. "BUS 22" was on the display.

Also, bus stop flags are being changed this morning. Just seen them doing Spies lane about 8:45, working their way towards Halesowen, I think.

111 went along Manor Way at around 08:20 displaying 22 Merry Hill (in inverse LEDs). 113 also went down Manor Way about 09:00 displaying as you say Bus 22

Matt.N0056

They're running a free service this week and half price fares in March. Was speaking to a driver at the town hall who thought it was a 15 min service as per the leaflet and said it was a nice route. Some of the buses have had the destinations programmed while out in service

nitromatt1

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on February 24, 2014, 01:06:45 PM
They're running a free service this week and half price fares in March. Was speaking to a driver at the town hall who thought it was a 15 min service as per the leaflet and said it was a nice route. Some of the buses have had the destinations programmed while out in service

The 22 should not be operating until Friday!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Matt on February 24, 2014, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on February 24, 2014, 01:06:45 PM

The 22 should not be operating until Friday!

probably why it's free an not full service

Stu

Didn't Central Buses operate a service for free ahead of it's starting registration date?

I think this could be useful for them, maybe customise the LED display to promote this is a new service.

At least the info is now up on their website:
http://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/news/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Info now on Network West Midlands website although it seems it was only updated on Friday to say the service began week commencing Sunday 23 February.

The timetable has already been amended because of departures slot at Halesowen & Merry Hill bus station, and a "Route Variation" in Bartley Green has been corrected.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on February 24, 2014, 03:02:08 PM
Didn't Central Buses operate a service for free ahead of it's starting registration date?

I think this could be useful for them, maybe customise the LED display to promote this is a new service.

Yep
and Midland Classic also :)
X12 and 92 respectivly

Lukeee

Quote from: vinh1000 on February 24, 2014, 10:14:43 PM
Quote from: Stu on February 24, 2014, 03:02:08 PM

Yep
and Midland Classic also :)
X12 and 92 respectivly

As did Diamond on the 301

nitromatt1

112, 113 & 118 were all on the 22 today. I saw 113 and an ALX400 almost in convoy on Manor Way, 113 was a 22E to Halesowen.

I have given up trying to catch one until Friday, I always end up stood at my bus stop for an eternity, no idea if they are running to a timetable or what...

Stu

Quote from: Matt on February 25, 2014, 05:57:41 PM
112, 113 & 118 were all on the 22 today. I saw 113 and an ALX400 almost in convoy on Manor Way, 113 was a 22E to Halesowen.

I have given up trying to catch one until Friday, I always end up stood at my bus stop for an eternity, no idea if they are running to a timetable or what...

The Green Bus posted this comment on my Facebook page today:

QuoteWe have drivers out on the road this week route learning and offering passengers free travel, but we aren't operating a full service. The service starts in full on Friday 28th February. We'll have some great travel offers so watch this space!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andrew1991

An olympian just left merry hill with

Birmingham 22
**Free Bus**

On the display, no passengers got on it though.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Andrew on February 26, 2014, 11:58:33 AM
An olympian just left merry hill with

Birmingham 22
**Free Bus**

On the display, no passengers got on it though.

Which type?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk