News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Sadly NXWM are out of the running.

The three operators being considered for takeover on Nov 4th are TGB, Evergreen Coaches and Finesse Coaches

the trainbasher

The latter 2 are Thandi companies

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 16, 2013, 07:14:35 PM

Yes, Evergreen were the previous operator.

I had never heard of Finesse, what do they have in their fleet?

notepanel

Do you think the school even realises the links?

Liverpool Street

Woah, sorry, I've totally lost track and I can't make heads nor tails of most of these posts.

So are TGB going to be doing schools again? What's Finesse got to do with the operations?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 16, 2013, 07:18:31 PM

Yes, Evergreen were the previous operator.

I had never heard of Finesse, what do they have in their fleet?

Basically Evergreen are Red Thandi and Finesse are Blue Thandi

gac_uk

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 16, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

The three operators being considered for takeover on Nov 4th are TGB, Evergreen Coaches and Finesse Coaches

Full details are on Hagley RCs website
http://www.hagleyrc.com/attachments/article/376/Parents%20Letter%20re%20Buses_Oct13.pdf

Tony

Quote from: gac_uk on October 17, 2013, 03:39:55 AM

http://www.hagleyrc.com/attachments/article/376/Parents%20Letter%20re%20Buses_Oct13.pdf

Hi Geoff

That link doesn't seem to work

gac_uk

Quote from: Tony on October 17, 2013, 06:50:28 PM

Hi Geoff

Looks like they have updated the letter since my post
Try http://www.hagleyrc.com/ then click link on main page

Steveminor

It worked earlier tony I looked at it.
The basics of it were they were asking the parents to decide.
Greenbus offering private school transport for £795 per term. Evergreen offering the same for £650 per term & finesse offering to run as it does now as a regular bus service for £550 per term.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: 37351ml on October 16, 2013, 01:42:07 PM
E458SON is parked up in Welford School playground on Hamstead Road just before the Lozells Road junction (on the right if going towards city) i initially thought it was for a school trip when i saw it yesterday,  but it was parked up in the same spot today.

I thought all the Metro's were withdrawn?

Anyway the two Spectra's I saw today, first time I've seen a TGB Spectra looked and sounded fantastic 201 and 208

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on October 17, 2013, 07:03:38 PM
Greenbus offering private school transport for £795 per term. Evergreen offering the same for £650 per term & finesse offering to run as it does now as a regular bus service for £550 per term.

Finesse or any of Blue Thandi only currently have 2 double decks. The black Trident on the Fort service and N737 JNO ex AM PM, so would have to acquire some more. Only cheap vehicles on the market at the moment are ex London which would not have an increase in capacity they claim to be able to provide, or Olympians, so I would presume some ex Stagecoach or Dublin Long wheelbase ones would need to be acquired

Kevin_Brum12

The comments about larger capacity double deckers are interesting.  Given that TGB are currently using ex London double deck buses with the middle doors taken out where are they going to get these vehicles from?  I understand you can remove the wheelchair space to increase seating but given that the vehicles may be needed for routes where DDA access will be required this seems something of a false economy.

The head has also not revealed what NXWM were proposing, though a Halesowen Bus Station - Hagley NXWM service with students using the conventional bus network to connect with this route might be a better option for parents on more limited incomes. 

Stu

Quote from: gac_uk on October 17, 2013, 07:01:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on October 17, 2013, 06:50:28 PM

Hi Geoff

Looks like they have updated the letter since my post
Try http://www.hagleyrc.com/ then click link on main page

Info is here:
http://www.hagleyrc.com/index.php/component/content/article/64-othernews/376-letter-to-parents-ref-bus-review
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 17, 2013, 07:16:13 PM
Quote from: 37351ml on October 16, 2013, 01:42:07 PM
E458SON is parked up in Welford School playground on Hamstead Road just before the Lozells Road junction (on the right if going towards city) i initially thought it was for a school trip when i saw it yesterday,  but it was parked up in the same spot today.

I thought all the Metro's were withdrawn?

Anyway the two Spectra's I saw today, first time I've seen a TGB Spectra looked and sounded fantastic 201 and 208

208 does not exist, 206 perhaps?

Quote from: Steveminor on October 17, 2013, 07:03:38 PM

The prices you have given are for annual passes not termly passes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk