News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Let's hope not another Webberbus (ex Weston / Burnham) situation, who went bump in 2016.(The week after I was in the area!)

metrocity

Quote from: hlliwmai on April 10, 2023, 07:11:48 PMNow then I wonder if this means they're on the brink of collapse maybe?...I'll probably get hatred for this but it'll be no great loss if that happens...
I'm sure it would be a great loss to the employees who would lose their jobs and their families though !

hlliwmai

Quote from: metrocity on April 10, 2023, 08:04:32 PMI'm sure it would be a great loss to the employees who would lose their jobs and their families though !

Well there's always Diamond.... 

Quote from: hlliwmai on April 10, 2023, 07:11:48 PMNow then I wonder if this means they're on the brink of collapse maybe?...I'll probably get hatred for this but it'll be no great loss if that happens...
I very much hope it doesn't, but if that ever did happen I presume it'd be worthwhile other operators stepping in on some of the core network. The direct Damsonwood/Warwick Road to Camp Hill link for instance seems well used and probably an important link. And to be honest that isn't really well linked by NX without at least 2 changes or so, for those passengers it would probably be a loss to lose that route. And there are probably other examples of important links as well. maybe the fox & goose to aston/handsworth route.

It may be the services that are showing as not continuing beyond July 2023 that are stopping with immediate effect then?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

TFWM have also answered my query regarding this, this morning with the following.
"Having spoken with TfWM's Bus Services team, who liaise with the region's bus companies, I can advise that we have not received any applications to terminate, suspend or alter The Green Bus company's services.
Should we receive any notices from the bus company, these will be communicated on our website with urgency."

Could be a plausible explanation they plan to actually stop running these from July 2023 rather than with immediate effect?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

This would be a great loss to the area, if it ever were to happen. They transport hundreds of pupils to and from school each day, mainly those who travel considerable distances to attend selective schools. They run a number of swimming and sports contracts and trips for school. They make a significant contribution to Rail Replacement services. All staff would be out of work, so would represent a significant loss to the area if your prediction were ever to come true.  

hlliwmai

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 11, 2023, 07:05:16 PMThis would be a great loss to the area, if it ever were to happen. They transport hundreds of pupils to and from school each day, mainly those who travel considerable distances to attend selective schools. They run a number of swimming and sports contracts and trips for school. They make a significant contribution to Rail Replacement services. All staff would be out of work, so would represent a significant loss to the area if your prediction were ever to come true. 

Well there's always Diamond  :grin:

ellspurs

Quote from: pndriver on April 10, 2023, 07:18:47 PMSelling passes for September services and out on rail replacement today. I'd highly doubt it. 6 services cancelled because of passenger loads. Caused by catchment areas. One service had 14 passengers whereas others have 80+
Did everyone here miss this or something? I'm sure pndriver works there.

The main cause of concern seems to be the removal of all the social media accounts.

Quote from: ellspurs on April 11, 2023, 07:40:47 PMThe main cause of concern seems to be the removal of all the social media accounts.
I believe for some reason the social media accounts were already rather inactive though, so they probably didn't have anyone managing it. And  they definitely wouldn't respond to a passenger query as the NX and Diamond ones do, though they can still ask TFWM I guess.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Since they have services registered to start after the summer holidays I highly doubt they are on the brink of collapse. 

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on April 11, 2023, 07:47:40 PMSince they have services registered to start after the summer holidays I highly doubt they are on the brink of collapse.
As I have been dealing with them lately I am fairly confident rumours of their demise are greatly exaggerated, to quote a famous comedian. (roughly translated bullsh*t) so this subject can be finished.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on April 11, 2023, 07:40:47 PMDid everyone here miss this or something? I'm sure pndriver works there.

The main cause of concern seems to be the removal of all the social media accounts.
I never said it was a 'concern'. As there are people (outside of this forum) who misinterpret what I posted here, this was what I actually said:

Quote from: Stu on April 10, 2023, 06:12:44 PMWhat I found more interesting is that The Green Bus appear to have totally disappeared from social media - or all three of the links on their website are broken!
Maybe they shut down their social media accounts because they were fed up with people whining and complaining, I don't know.

But the lesson to be learned here is to be careful what you might see posted on other forums or elsewhere, especially if it is unsubstantiated or unverifiable.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SN55BNY in tudor grange rear car park at 11AM. 
SN56AET was on the coach stand a short distance away.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Been in Birmingham yesterday and today and popped via Miller Street to see what's occurring.

Just a handful of training buses at NX, but 4 of the Greenbus fleet parked on the double yellows outside and one in the neighbouring street at the rear.

Is this because of a shortage of space in the yard or are they awaiting further use? The 4+1 buses hadn't moved since yesterday.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

As part of further service cuts to Green Bus services following those a few weeks ago. Green Bus have informed Camp Hill Schools that they intend to cease operation of the 871 service due to low usage. Students have been advised that the 11A/C and 76 services cover much of this route and to use these routes instead from September 2023 and as Green Bus do not participate in the N Bus scheme this will see passengers save up to £600 year on year. And to contact Transport For West Midlands for more information and any further enquiries.

A final decision on service cuts to be made on Friday 21st July.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk