News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

I didn't see any 558s in Wolverhampton on Christmas Eve or Thursday 28th - were they running?

Ashley

No 558's until January 7th

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ashley on December 28, 2012, 08:35:46 PM

558 finished on the last day of school as many of the drivers do their school route, work a local service throughout the day e.g 558 then do the school run again; and school finished on the 21st, and starts again on the 7th, hence why the 558 starts again on the 7th.

Wolfman

Could The Green Bus pulling out of the 126 route be due to the amount of vehicles available ? Its been more than a month since I've seen one on the 126 route. They were getting good loadings, especially in the mornings.
What happened to free speech?

fleetline6477

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 28, 2012, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: Ashley on December 28, 2012, 08:35:46 PM

558 finished on the last day of school as many of the drivers do their school route, work a local service throughout the day e.g 558 then do the school run again; and school finished on the 21st, and starts again on the 7th, hence why the 558 starts again on the 7th.

The 558 finished on Saturday 22nd. Since the timetable became 6 day from 7am - 7 pm (give or take) most of the drivers are on all day an don't go off to do schools. The 125 was started to fit around school duties but was withdrawn at the end of November, it was only ever seen as a short term experiment. From September 4 routes to King Edwards Stourbridge begin it will be interesting to see if the 125 or other local routes appear.

It does seem strange that both the 558 and 64 have not run for a full 2 weeks over the Christmas period. The 558 is generally a very good earner and Green need to reestablish themselves on the 64 since reverting back to the original route of Great Park to Harborne.

I'm not sure how much the 50% fare increase from £1 to £1.50 has impacted, still 50p cheaper from January.

nitromatt1

There were only 2 buses out on the 558 on Friday 21st when I went on for a ride, a Lance and a Trident. Supposed to be 4 out.

I use school service HC2 (yes I'm still at school) and I know the usual driver of service HC3 does the school with 313, then takes the bus on the 558 throughout the day, then back to school in the afternoon. I think one or two of the other drivers do too, perhaps to the 64 or 50/A as well.

As for the fare increase, doesn't bother me in the slightest as I just get an nBus ticket if I'm going out on the buses.

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 30, 2012, 08:18:59 PM
There were only 2 buses out on the 558 on Friday 21st when I went on for a ride, a Lance and a Trident. Supposed to be 4 out.

I use school service HC2 (yes I'm still at school) and I know the usual driver of service HC3 does the school with 313, then takes the bus on the 558 throughout the day, then back to school in the afternoon. I think one or two of the other drivers do too, perhaps to the 64 or 50/A as well.

As for the fare increase, doesn't bother me in the slightest as I just get an nBus ticket if I'm going out on the buses.
£4 NBUS any bus all day in the Midlands! and people moan about value!!! Coudn't buy a gallon of petrol for that!!!!!!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

nitromatt1

Quote from: 4006 on December 30, 2012, 09:29:51 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 30, 2012, 08:18:59 PM

£4 NBUS any bus all day in the Midlands! and people moan about value!!! Coudn't buy a gallon of petrol for that!!!!!!!!

£2.70 for me, it's like heaven ;)

tank90

50A not running to and from Redditch.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

John

Quote from: tank90 on January 18, 2013, 04:29:58 PM
50A not running to and from Redditch.

They are running their 50 to Maypole until 9, whereas NX have finished at 7. Good on them!!
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/alterations.aspx

nitromatt1

MD Ian Mack is driving on the 50 tonight apparently...

fleetline6477

The twitter page for green bus says look out for Metrobus 989 in Wolverhampton on Sunday. Does anybody know anything about this?

nitromatt1

Nowhere near as many people as there should've been, only about 12 of us on 989 today. Great fun though, will put pictures/videos on my Flickr in due course.

Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 27, 2013, 06:55:33 PM
989 was doing a tour of wolverhampton today. It was an enthusiasts tour and when i passed it today it had a fair few people on there.

Where were we when you saw us?

fleetline6477

Quote from: nitromatt1 on January 27, 2013, 11:01:57 PM
Nowhere near as many people as there should've been, only about 12 of us on 989 today. Great fun though, will put pictures/videos on my Flickr in due course.

Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 27, 2013, 06:55:33 PM
989 was doing a tour of wolverhampton today. It was an enthusiasts tour and when i passed it today it had a fair few people on there.

Where were we when you saw us?

Was the an event open to the general enthusiast or arranged by a specific group? Where was this publicised - the entusiasts page on Green Bus website would be an obvious place - I did look but the section was empty. I would certainly have come if I had known.

nitromatt1

Only the MCW Metrobus group on Facebook as far as I know. Wasn't private though, as long as you knew you could've come. I'm sure something like this will happen again sometime, especially once the guy running it owns 989 outright.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk