News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers listening to music in cab?

Started by Trident 4194, December 31, 2014, 04:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Is this allowed, as I've  just been on a bus with driver playing music very loudly, could hear it from back of the bus, and it was remix!
When ludlows operated there was a driver who used to play music fairly loudly, but it was more pop music, and was quite nice to listen too

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2014, 04:53:56 PM
Is this allowed, as I've  just been on a bus with driver playing music very loudly, could hear it from back of the bus, and it was remix!
When ludlows operated there was a driver who used to play music fairly loudly, but it was more pop music, and was quite nice to listen too

Thandi/A Line/Golden Line drivers used to do this on the Bristol Road when they ran those services.

Sh4318

This happened once before to me, I was on the 445 (now 54) and the driver was listening to the radio
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

PM

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 05:04:14 PM
Coach drivers often have the radio on, I don't mind this at all even if the music isn't to my taste

No I don't have a problem with it either.

I also remember a Blue Diamond driver on the 10H listening to the cricket!!!

Liverpool Street

Which company?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 05:45:34 PM

Which company?

Sounds like something you'd have done, LS  ;)

It was standard procedure to listen to the radio for the football results on a Saturday afternoon.. Just back in those days the portable radios were slightly bigger then the ones nowadays! All good fun!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Mike K

I once woke up at the terminus of the 22N many years ago after falling asleep following a late night on the pop. The driver was listening to some sort of church / choir music. For a moment in my confused drunken state I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Then I looked out of the window and realised we were at the old Bale of Hay pub in Bartley Green. It was then I realised I had in fact gone to hell.

I'm assuming the NX policy is that radios are not permitted but I've seen drivers at some of the smaller companies do it many times.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on December 31, 2014, 07:40:19 PM
I once woke up at the terminus of the 22N many years ago after falling asleep following a late night on the pop. The driver was listening to some sort of church / choir music. For a moment in my confused drunken state I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Then I looked out of the window and realised we were at the old Bale of Hay pub in Bartley Green. It was then I realised I had in fact gone to hell.

I'm assuming the NX policy is that radios are not permitted but I've seen drivers at some of the smaller companies do it many times.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahaaa!!!!!!! Michael you sly dog!

And yes; Strictly forbidden on NX with a P45 awaiting you.
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Which company?

It was diamond

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2014, 08:06:03 PM

Which company?

It was diamond

Surprise surprise

I don't mind it being quiet, but it was really loud, and he was driving really slow to make the least possible engine noise, so that he could hear it well

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Which company?

It was diamond

Surprise surprise

I don't mind it being quiet, but it was really loud, and he was driving really slow to make the least possible engine noise, so that he could hear it well

Or he was sticking to timetable?

Trident 4194

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 31, 2014, 08:15:24 PM

Which company?

It was diamond

Surprise surprise

Precisely. Yes he shouldn't be listening to music in service due to it causing poor customer service (lol) but you can't say he was driving slow to listen to it... Be careful what you're saying, Trident 4194, don't wanna be causing any possible defamation against any driver(s) whom have no sort of defence.
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 08:52:32 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 31, 2014, 08:15:24 PM

Which company?

It was diamond

Surprise surprise

Precisely. Yes he shouldn't be listening to music in service due to it causing poor customer service (lol) but you can't say he was driving slow to listen to it... Be careful what you're saying, Trident 4194, don't wanna be causing any possible defamation against any driver(s) whom have no sort of defence.

Oh, I don't want to report it, I was just asking if it was allowed, Ludlows used too I know. No further action. A few drivers listen to football scores on Saturdays, I don't mind that

Bryan

In my opinion music shouldn't be allowed on buses, either from the drivers cab or passengers devises. To people like myself it is an annoyance and puts me off public transport. I would add that even applies if I like the music.

Also, a driver should be concentrating on driving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk